Creeping down the stairs, avoiding the areas they marked as 'creakers' so the noise wouldn't wake him up. Alex tugs on her arm, pointing to the TV in the living room that the stairs overlook. Leo left it on and it was on the news channel. On the report was the live feed of an aqua mutant being captures, she looked no older than Alex's age and by the fear in her eyes, she was desperately trying to grasp the situation. By the looks of it, she just found out about her abilities as well and doesn't know how to control it.

"They found another mutant. How many does that make this week? Seven? Eight?" asks Alex.

"Twelve. Off by 4. Not only that, but hunts have grown more fierce."

Grabbing his sister's hand tightly, "They aren't going to find us, are they?"

Squeezing back "I-I'm not sure. They must've created some sort of flaw tracker, governments have never caught more than 2-3 each month."

Biting her lower lip, a nervous habit she can never see to get rid of, "Sooner or later they will find us. And we have to be ready to run. So be extra careful to control your flaw."

Nodding, "Okay, Lena. But fire is more dangerous than ice, so wouldn't they go after you first?"

.

.

.

"That's what I'm hoping for, that way it'll be easier for you to run."

-----------------

Unknowing why she felt this uneasiness surge through her for the majority of the day. The dark-skinned girl walked her brother to school, gave him some lunch money from the cash she earned at work that Leo surprisingly still doesn't know about. Gave the toys back to Miko when she first spotted the pink-tipped pigtails, giving the Japanese student death glares during the transaction. Including whenever they passed each other in the hallways. Lena even gave Jack the same treatment since he distracted her long enough for Miko to place them in her bag in the first place.

Currently, she sat in her usual tree in the school's small field, but large enough to give the distance from the building to the back of the field where trees line around the inside of the chained fence. Eyeing out anyone that walked out of the building and onto the field when people rarely sit outside nowadays. Leafs covering her entire body, making her invisible.

Maybe if she were a nature flaw, then she'd be able to make the wall thicker, thinking how different she was to be if she had a different flaw other than pyrokinesis.

Playing with the small flame dancing on her fingertips, making circles with them before changing the shape once more. "Twelve captured. That makes twelve more slaves and counting." Leaning the top of her head against the tree's bark, looking fixedly at the small beams of sunlight breaking through the barrier of leaves, softly beaming down onto different parts of her body.

For every five dozen people born, one of them is a mutant. No one has ever found out how their flaw is chosen, some think it's genetic, but by the few full mutant families caught, each of them had a different flaw. One couple was nature while their son was air. A pair of twins were discovered a few years back as well, the eldest was telepathy while the youngest had speed. Lena has always thought it had to do with the person(s) personality, her ability to be easily angered like flames while her brother was calm(most of the time) and callouse like ice and water. Even if they are two separate flaws, they are two of the same.

Piercing her lips together when she saw the familiar duo with the youngest student in the school. If she remembered correctly, his name is Rafael Esquivel. By the looks of things, they haven't realized this is Lena's tree seeing as how they placed themselves beneath it, making themselves comfortable.