Part Fourteen (Release)

A/N: This part is really, really, really inaccurate. I'm not willing to skip over months to make the timing of releasing the singles correct, or whatever. I would, but I feel like that's leaving too much of a gap and a lot would happen in that time. So I'm just going to go with My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark being the only single they released off the album and then they just release the album shortly after that (maybe a couple weeks), because I'm really not up for dealing with a time leap or writing several months when the plot I have in my head won't work with that progression. As well as the fact that they released one of the singles on the same day that they, like, announced their return and did their first show at a small venue? I'm not really sure, so I'm just gonna make it up lol. But yeah, just try to ignore how off it is if you know how it's actually supposed to be :S. Thanks, enjoy!

*TL;DR I had a lot of trouble with this chapter, but I just went ahead and made it up and wrote it.

~~HOLY SMOKES THANKS SO MUCH FOR 1K READS GUYS!! :))~~

POV: Patrick 

Three days ago, we released an announcement saying that our first single would be released soon. Pete got on our snapchat and sent a questionable picture of us recording saying "My childhood spat back out the monster that you see" - lyrics from the song. All our social media platforms are exploding with the outburst of excitement, and I'm super psyched for today's release. We've been tweaking the song and making sure everything is perfect. It's releasing on iTunes within minutes. My hands shaking, I pull my phone out of my pocket and swipe it open. I haven't been on my social media accounts since I left for fear of what everyone would say, but I figure everyone's attention will be on Fall Out Boy and the single rather than me. We did tell them it was a publicity stunt and that nothing was wrong, but I'm still worried. Taking a deep breath, I log into my Twitter. As I expected, Fall Out Boy is one of the Trending Topics. I start to scroll through the tweets, seeing mostly excited fans talking about the song about to release. My nervousness ebbs away and I relax a little. Curiosity takes over, and I search what people have been saying about me. Wincing at the thought of what will come up, I wait for the page to load. When it finally does, I try to battle my curiosity, but the urge to know is too strong. Scrolling through, I see mostly congratulatory tweets on a well-done publicity stunt, but what really pops out are the hate comments. It's like the pain is addicting, and it's drawing me in, because I can't stop reading. I sink a little lower with every word I read about me. About how fat I am, about how ugly I am, how stupid I am and how bad my voice is. How I can't sing, the band would be better off without me. How I'm fake and I don't deserve Fall Out Boy. They say I should just go ahead and kill myself. Been there, tried to do that. I glance up and around self-consciously. I notice Pete staring at me, and I freeze when I meet his eyes. He looks suspicious, and I try to smile but can't quite bring myself to do it. The corners of my mouth turn up slightly in a weak attempt.

        "Whatcha doing, Patrick?" he asks.

        "N-nothing, don't worry about m-me." I stutter out. Stupid. I blink rapidly, and feel my cheeks heat up. Dammit. His brow furrows and he pushes himself out of the chair he's sitting in. Trying to act normal, I swipe down quickly and then attempt to shut my phone off before he can get to it. But he's too fast, and before I know it he's standing over me with a hand grasped around my wrist. Prying my phone out of my fingers, he turns it to face him and glances at me sideways. Taking in what's on the screen, his face hardens.

        "Why?" he asks, shutting my phone off and facing me. "Why did you look at it?"

        "I don't know. I wanted to be ready, to know what I was facing." I sigh. He doesn't understand. I throw my hands up in defeat, and let them fall back down, rubbing my hands up and down my thighs.