Waking up

When Shinichi opened his tired eyes, azure eyes found themselves staring at a black ceiling; a fancy chandelier loomed above his resting figure.

Hmmm, strange.

Had he always had a chandelier in his bedroom? Brushing the thought aside, Shinichi rolled over, burrowing himself into the warm, soft, duvet of blackness...

Hang on a second. His sheets weren't black. Upon realizing this, Shinichi's body hoisted itself up into an upright position; every thought in mind was now crystal clear. Azure eyes took in every ray of light and the scenery around him, and without a doubt, he knew he was no longer in his Kudo estate.

His head throbbed; not quite a headache, but a clear indication that he had being drugged. No surprise there. The events of last night were still a blur in his mind. Yet, all he could remember was KID's Heist, and he had attended it.

Though the fact he couldn't even remember the rest of the night was frustrating. Shinichi had always been the to type see things through to the end. He lived for the thrill and the triumph of solving the cases and catching the culprits. Blame it on his detective's moral instincts. Unfortunately, at this current stage, his mind didn't want to cooperate in solving this predicament as the throbbing worsened.

Seeing his clothes folded and sitting so neatly on the table, Shinichi gulped while he gazed down, curious. Yeah, he was wearing someone else's shirt; his eyes peeped down further. Plus their pants.

Shinichi didn't know whether to be thankful or creeped out on concluding to that discovery. The only thing that gave him a measure of relief was he hadn't felt any pain in the places that shouldn't be touched, without consent.

Focusing on his attention to the room, he found himself captivated when his eyes fell onto the glass window — the only thing separating him from the lively, breathing city. Woah, how high up was he? He could literally see the Tokyo tower from where he sat.

It's triple-glazed and so bright that the vision is like a high definition screen. The city below looked so far away; appearing like he was in another world. Those ant-like people and all their problems could no longer reach him. Shinichi found himself being lured to the window, perhaps hoping to catch more than what meets the eye.

It had already occurred to him he was currently resting in a Penthouse, a very luxurious one if he may add.

Shinichi would have succeeded if it wasn't for the clinking of chains and the burning sensation of something cutting deeply into his skin. Something sharp and cold.

Looking down, the detective let out a subdued cry when he saw handcuffs coiled around his pale wrists; the chain led him to the unused lamp which was embedded into the black wallpaper above the bedside table. The chains were wrapped tightly around the post. Probably to restrict my movements — Shinichi deuced with a sense of bitterness.

Inhaling deeply, Shinichi concluded that he might as well experiment on how freely he can move around the room since he had no idea when the owner of this place planned on returning.

He had to agree; the room was quite spacious. A noir, leather conch sat in the centre of the room, sprinkled liberally with vibrant red cushions. A glass table was situated in front. When he approached closer, it took Shinichi a second to realize there was a plate filled with food. The wonderful aromas of the breakfast and the coffee permeated the atmosphere. Shinichi's tongue readily slid out to lick his parched lips.

Seeing no harm in devouring a meal that was clearly made for him, Shinichi plopped himself on the couch, feeling his ass sink into the textile. At the same time, his stomach growled; reminding him how he had skipped breakfast in favour of pursuing a particular thief. Out of embarrassment, Shinichi squirmed in his position in an attempt to silence the rumbling. It solely worked when he decided to stuff his mouth with a spoonful of scrambled eggs. Shinichi was halfway through his chewing when a dreadful thought jumped into his mind. Shit. Was if the food poisoned? He doesn't spit out the already chewed content from his mouth, but it was a very near thing.