The tall man was sitting in one of the matching  fauteuil chairs but stood up when he noticed Gerard.

"Mr. Way," Dallon said, coyly.

"Dallon." Gerard smiled at him respectfully. "I must say, I was not expecting to see you hear after canceling you and Frankie's get together."

He takes notice of how the mention of Frank makes Dallon's cheeks tinge red.

"Um, yeah, actually I was here to see how he was?" He said. It sounded like more of a question than anything. Gerard's impatient brow raised at him made talking no easier. "You said something about him being sick, and I just wanted to see if he was okay."

Gerard saw right through his nervous front. Whether it was natural or forced it was only a distraction from the man's actual intentions.

"And you could've sent a text?" Gerard asked watching with amused eyes as Dallon swallowed. "Or called even?"

"Well, I just," Dallon was a wreck of teenage hormones and fear so strong that Gerard could smell it.

Maybe it was a sixth sense from years of being around conniving crooks with dollar signs in their eyes. Gerard refused to be played though he decided against calling the man out and embarrassing him even more.  Dallon knowing that he was onto him was more than enough satisfaction.

Gerard hummed, uninterested. He was quite ready for the man's visit to be over and he hadn't even entered the house yet. The
pancakes were surly getting cold.

Dallon was speaking again, trying to regain his  confidence to continue. Gerard was no longer interested in what the man was saying, his focus now on the unknown person in the passenger seat of Dallon's sedan.

The man was young, seemingly around Dallon's age but it was impossible to see much else.

"Sir?" Dallon said attempting to regain Gerard's drifting attention.

"Who might that be in the passenger's seat of your car?" Gerard asked, straightforwardly.

Dallon's lips were moving for a split second before words came out, "My friend Peter."

Gerard nodded, looking down at his watch. He'd left Frank alone much too long.

"Unfortunately, I need to get back to Frank, I'm sure if you would've sent a call my way we would have had longer," Gerard said letting his statement hang for a moment.

"Oh, um yes sir of course." Dallon said visibly disappointed, "Could you tell Frankie that i hope he gets better?" He asked.

"Of course, have a safe drive home, Dallon." Gerard said.

Once back inside Gerard passed Bert who was   on his knees in a chair looking out of the window like a nosy child.

When he heard Gerard footsteps he sat up, "Who's that in the car?" He asked with a raised brow.

"A friend of Dallon's. Why do you care?"

Bert shrugged, "I never really see anyone pull up to this prison unless they're one of your people or someone you're expecting."

"You're not in a prison." Gerard said ignoring most of Berts statement. He was walking again.

"Might as well be." Bert said following Gerard up to the doorframe of the hall, making sure that he heard him. Gerard turned to him, his sharp green eyes meeting his blue ones.

"You know that I know what's best for you though if you believe that you no longer need my assistance, the door is never locked." Gerard said, his voice not wavering once.