11

Sakura's POV

"Alright. Stay safe." I said as I gave Sasuke a hug. "Always." He said. "Sarada won't see you until you come back to us." I said, looking to Sarada, who was fast asleep. "I know. I would say goodbye but I don't want to wake her." He said, kissing my forehead.

"Bye, Naruto." Hinata said, walking to her husband and hugging him. "Bye, Hinata. Love you." Naruto said, returning the hug and kissing the top of her head. "Be safe, please." She said. "When am I not safe?" He asked. "All the time." I whispered to Sasuke with a laugh, making him return a laugh.

The two left as Hinata and I looked at the two kids on the couch. "How's Himawari?" I asked. "She's good. She'll probably be waking up soon to eat." Hinata said.

We sat and talked for a little bit. It was mostly just catching up with each other because we haven't visited since we had Boruto and Sarada.

Himawari woke up and Hinata fed her. "Can I hold her?" I asked. "Of course." Hinata smiled. She handed Himawari over. She was so beautiful. She wore a light yellow, almost a pastel yellow, onesie. "She's so beautiful! Her mother's spitting image!" I said, holding the small baby. "Thank you!" Hinata shyly smiled. I continued to hold her and talk with Hinata about a bunch of different matters.

I slept in the living room with Boruto, though Hinata insisted I used her bed and she'd sleep where I was going to. It was going to be a long day or two while we waited. Sasuke and Naruto said they'd see us tomorrow but Hinata and I highly doubted that it'd be a one night thing.

Hinata's POV

The next morning, I was up first, followed by Sakura as the kids slept. "Want me to make breakfast?" She asked. "I can do it if you'd like." I said. "Ok, I'll take the chance to sit down before the kids get up." Sakura laughed quietly.

I opened the fridge door, got the eggs, bacon, and began cooking them as Sakura made toast. Breakfast was finished as the kids got up, including Himawari. Sakura held her as her crying didn't stop. She had tried everything and nothing.

"Let me try. She might not be used to you yet, sorry." I said. "It's fine. That's how Sarada was with Sasuke for a while." Sakura said, handing my crying daughter to me. I put her ear against my chest so she could hear my heartbeat. It was supposed to relax babies and it'd worked for Boruto.

Himawari began to settle down as the others started to get ready for the day. I helped Sakura clean the kitchen as the front door opened. "I'm home." Naruto said. I walked to him, Himawari still in my arms. "Welcome home." I said as he gave me a hug.

Sakura's POV

"Is Sasuke here?" I asked. "Yeah. He's outside. He needs a quick minute with you." Naruto said. I nodded and went outside. "Hey, babe." I said as I walked to him, grabbing his hand. "Hey." He said, wrapping me in a hug after letting my hand go. "What's wrong?" I asked. "I had another nightmare last night." He admitted. "Babe, I'm sorry." I said. His nightmares would get really bad some nights. This was probably one of them. "Do you want to tell me?" I asked. "No. I just want to hold you for a little bit." He said, hugging me tighter. "Go ahead." I said.

He finished hugging me as we went inside. "Papa!" Sarada shouted as she ran to Sasuke. "Hey, Princess." He said. Sarada wrapped her arms around his neck. "Can we go home, Papa?!" She asked. "Yes, baby girl. Let's go now. Sakura." Sasuke said, turning to me after picking Sarada up.

"Thank you once again, Hinata and Naruto." I said. "It's no problem at all, Sakura." Hinata said. "We're glad you are all safe." Naruto smiled. I nodded another thank you as we left.

We walked down the road to our house. It's been so long. Before walking into the house, I looked up at Sasuke, who looked back at me and smiled. We opened the door.

"We're home. I can't believe we're finally home." I said. "Yeah. I can't wait to sleep like normal again." Sasuke said. Sarada had fallen asleep. Sasuke and I looked at her as we put her in her bed, tucking her into the covers and kissing her forehead. "Want to go to the living room for a while?" I asked. "Sure." Sasuke said as we walked to the couch.

He sat down, signaling me to sit next to him. I sat down next to him and leaned my head onto his shoulder. He sighed. "You ok?" I asked. "Yeah. Never better. I'm so happy. We're finally home." Sasuke said with a soft smile. "Yeah. I'm happy too. This means Sarada won't be as stressed either and will actually be able to be with people that are her age." I said. He kissed my forehead. "I'm so glad that you're my wife." He said. "I'm so happy that you're my husband." I said as I held his had. He let go of my hand, grabbing my chin and pulling my face in for a kiss.

"I love you so much." He said before kissing me.

We broke the kiss. "I love you too." I said. He wrapped his arm around my waist. "Let go to bed." He said. "Right." I said as we stood up and walked to the bedroom, soon after going to bed.

We're finally home.

Word count: 948