Chapter 9: plan and execute pt.2

We walk for a while looking in trees. I look at her and smile "Mabel?.."
"Yes?.."
"Thanks for helping me... Your a good sister...."
She punches me in the arm playfully.
"No problem bro-bro."

(Dippers POV)

We walked deeper into the woods, I stared down at my feet as we did. Apparently I looked upset because Mabel tapped my shoulder.
"Dipper it'll be ok. We will find the 8 things and you will be with Bill again. "
I smile and sigh.
"But I know the relationship will start conflict. What will everyone say, Stan and Ford won't allow it.. "

She stops me by grabbing my wrist, I look at her.
"Dipper, true love always finds a way. If it doesn't then it isn't meant to be. And you will know. "
I smile and hug her tightly then clear my throat.
"Alright so we are exactly where we were before when we found the gnomes. Do you think they're still here? " I ask.
Suddenly I hear rustling and quick little steps around us, Mabel comes closer to me and looks around frantically.
"Well well well if it isn't Mabel, our once decided queen, and her henchman dipper. What brings you here after so many years? "
I roll my eyes at his nickname and open the book to the gnome page.
"Says here you have undoubted negative energy, and we need 8 things, or beings that have negative energy. If you can't help us we will go our ways, but if you decide to we will reward you. "
He scoffs
"What do you have that we don't already have? "
He jumps up on 3 other gnomes to Mabel's height and smirks "besides our lovely bride. "
We both make a grossed out face and i pull out a jar from my bag containing golden grape jam.
They all look at it wantingly.
"You like jam right? We have loads of it, if one of you can voluntarily help us, you will all be rewarded. Deal? "

The gnomes all gather and talk quietly to each other for a moment then turn to us.
"Alright deal. "
We shake their tiny hands then I stand up straight.
"Now who will help us? "
A random gnome gets kicked out of the bunch to my feet, I, look at him.
He is relatively smaller than the others and looks quiet.
"Alright let's go"
He hops onto the top of my backpack and Mabel follows as I continue on deeper into the Forrest.

A hour or so passes as I'm looking at a map in the book.
"We need to find some nightmare mushrooms, and I know gnomes know where they are. "
He nods and tells me directions to a part of the forest I never knew existed.

The trees turned into a dark blue color the leaves bared glowing fruit, and all along the ground there were nightmare mushrooms.
"Woah! It's so pretty in here. Where has this place been? " Mabel asked enthusiastically.
The gnome smiled "only gnomes know the way here. And only creatures can touch the food here. "
He runs to the mushrooms and grabs a few for him and a few for us then runs back to us munching on one as he came.
"Check! " I say happily, getting more excited as we walk.
Suddenly a figure stops in front of me.
"Oh yeah. I forgot to mention... "
The gnome hides in my bag
"YOU SHOULD RUN... "