Chapter 21

I took a deep breath and let it out, hating that I felt exhausted even after I hadn't done anything. I moved a hand across my face and started to walk towards the pack border, the urge to shift into my other wolf form strong.

However, I wanted to make sure that I was as far away as possible from this pack before I did that, not wanting Levi to see my "actual" wolf form or those controlled him, especially Mindy. I didn't need them to know that I had a different form from what they had seen; not even Levi had seen that form, for I mainly worked in my human form, especially when I was annoyed and angered. Only my grandmother saw it, for she was my trainer and made sure that it stayed hidden until the time was right, whatever that meant.

Not even the king had seen my actual wolf form, and those that had seen that wolf died by my claws, not able to tell anyone that they had seen me, a ghost in the night. That was why I kept that side of my wolf to myself and the darkness, including in training sessions where it was "required" to shift into our wolf form but trained as a human instead, becoming a skilled fighter against wolf and human forms alike.

The hair on the back of the neck stood at attention, and I knew that I was being watched by a familiar person, their presence, something that I could pick up instantly. They didn't move towards me, catching my signal to wait while I made my way to the woods, knowing that I didn't want to alert any of the pack members that were out, enjoying the surprisingly "cool" summer's night that wasn't humid.

As soon as I made it to the tree line, I stopped and reached down to take off my heels, wanting to feel the coolness of the dirt path, shaded from the heat of the Sun that would have cooked it until it burned. My body was partially relaxed, but I kept an eye out for anyone that wasn't doing something else, not needing to be attacked or cornered, even though I knew that some of my group was out in these woods, keeping an eye on me.

A sigh of relief escaped my lips when I finally felt the cool dirt and Georgia red clay underneath my feet and stood before I started to walk in the direction of the packhouse that I resided in, for our pack was one of the closest packs in Georgia, sharing a human city in between each.

A rock was thrown at a tree near me, indicating that the person waiting to speak with me was getting annoyed because I hadn't called him yet. Another rock was thrown just as the rock landed in the path that I was on, but still, I didn't make any move for him to come out of hiding while I walked further and further into the woods.

I breathed a sigh of annoyance and rubbed the bridge of my nose, annoyed when one flew too close and almost hit me. "Ok, dumbass, you can take your sparkly ass from behind the tree and join me in my walk to my pack border. You did not need to keep throwing rocks at me to gain attention. I knew that you were there, Filip."

The male Vampire scowled when he moved to my side. His brown eyes flickered with annoyance, but he made no move to act upon it. "I thought you remembered that Twilight Vampires are not real, moya lyubov (my love)," he said, and I rolled my eyes and cringed when he called me "my love" because I was not "his love."

"Why must you speak Russian with some words when you know that I can understand it?" I asked, glancing at him.

The male smirked and moved a hand through his light brown hair, streaked with blonde. "To piss you off, prekrasnyy (beautiful)," he replied.

I rolled my eyes and gritted my teeth because he was pissing me off, and the urge to shift and attack him was getting stronger the more he said those nicknames. "Don't," I hissed through gritted teeth. "Unless you want to get bitten again and this time killed. I do not know if what happened the last time will happen again."

Out of all the people that I had faced, only he had seen that form and lived, sworn to secrecy for the rest of our lives, or at least until I died, and he would be able to talk about the "Shadow Wolf," the wolf that was created by the shadows itself.

Filip shrugged his shoulder, nonchalant and not worried about his life. "I'll take my chances to see that creature again," he replied, and I rolled my eyes and scowled. "Do you have something for me?" he asked, changing the subject when he caught my scowl.

I bit hack a huff and nodded my head. "Here." I handed him one of the rings. "What do you need to do to see what spell he is under?"

Filio tossed the ring into the air and caught it before he stuffed it into his pocket. "Drink it, duh," he replied, and I rolled my eyes because I already knew that. "But... I already fed before I came here and won't be able to taste any... magic if I did drink it."

I scowled. "Then why are you here?" Why do you have to bug me with your presence when all I want is to be alone?

"To check in on you, duh," Filip said. He held out his hand while he stopped in front of me, and I stopped as well before I ran into him. "Arm," he directed, giving me a pointed look.

I rolled my eyes and handed him my arm, knowing full well that he wanted to make sure that I hadn't been drinking anything that I wasn't supposed to be drinking. "You can't taste any magic after feeding, but you can taste a drink from someone's blood?"

Filip looked up from studying my arm and grinned, his white teeth flashing like pearls in the moonlight. "Yes," he replied, tracing the spot that he would try it out.

"Can we at least do this somewhere private?" I asked.

"Why... scared, DeLamont?"

I rolled my eyes. "You wish," I replied. "I just don't want anyone to come across us like this, with you staring at my arm like it is your life force."

He smirked, and something flashed through his eyes, something that I didn't understand and pick up on before it disappeared. "Trust me, moya lyubov, (my love,)" he teased. "I know what I am doing." And with that, he placed a warm kiss on the spot before he opened his mouth and bit down, piercing my skin with his sharp teeth.