There it was. Lucas. Despite the closeness of the two, Farkle found himself resenting his Texan best friend more and more as time passed them by, and at the sound of his name coming from Carter's mouth, he didn't even realize he rolled his eyes until she gave him a stern look.

"He's our friend, babe. And I'm with you now, not Lucas. There's no valuable reason to still be jealous." Carter argued with a soft tone, grabbing his hand.

The blue-eyed boy sighed, and pinched the bridge of his nose in frustration. "I know, I'm working on it. I've hardly seen him this entire winter break, I thought we'd all be over this by now, especially after Christmas."

At the word Christmas, Farkle let a soft smile paint itself on his lips. That day had been amazing, Carter and her father had spent the day with his family out on one of their beach homes despite the cold weather. They'd taken so many candid pictures that day, which was actually at more of the request of Farkle's.

He felt a light kiss on his cheek from his girlfriend, and snapped out of his daze to look her in the eyes.

"Speaking of Christmas," Farkle said in a soft tone. "My parents love the picture frames you painted them. I swear they won't stop talking about it."

Carter's face lit up and she clapped her hands happily. "Yay! It took me forever to find the right color scheme. Did you like your Pinterest jar, babe?"

He laughed lightly. "Adorable, and your ring?"

They both looked down at Carter's right ring finger at the simplistic yet elegant gold band wrapped around it. Farkle lightly grabbed her hand and toyed with it delicately while she spoke.

"Farkle, you know that I love it. How on earth did you find anything like it?"

The brunette looked up at her with a sly smirk playing on his lips. "Oh come on you know who my parents are. Did you seriously think any antique ring would stay hidden for long from them?"

Carter snorted. "Yeah, your parents really are like sharks when they want to be, huh?"

"Yup," Farkle said, pausing afterward as he fell deep in thought. They sat in comfortable silence for a while as Carter played some of her calmer music they both enjoyed, and she let herself lean onto his shoulder and her eyes flutter closed.

When Farkle has noticed her sleepy state, he brushed her hair out of her face and kissed her head gently.

The blue-eyed girl lifted her head and pushed Farkle back to lay on her cool bedsheets as she rested her head on his warm chest.

"Babe?" Carter asked as the song ended and her playlist shuffled itself. "What do you think Riley and Maya are going to do now?"

She felt his chest rise as he sighed, and tightened his grip on her. "For once, angel, I have absolutely no idea."

.・:*:・゚'✫,'✫'゚・:*:・˙

RILEY AND MAYA now had a choice to make, and it wasn't an easy one. At least the some part of their world had stayed right side up after Texas. Including the part where the two girls isolate themselves every time a problem occurs and don't come back to the rest of the world until they've made up their minds.