Jovik III

This chapter may be long since I want to get this sequence over with in Jovik's POV.

Flashback (le cringe)

"It has been ten minutes! Where have both of you charlatans been?" Jovik irritably asked Zarias and Giltren, who hurriedly climbed up the steps of the great front of the manor, where Jovik stood.

"We were helping someone. This new girl, she got lost."

"New girl?" He asked in confusion. It was very rare for someone to be able to come to the Upper East. Maybe it was someone who they hadn't met before?

"Strange she was, maybe sixteen? Right, Zarias?"

Giltren asked. He had already been smitten with the mysterious stranger and had only known her for maybe ten minutes. Zarias, however looked dazed and quiet, as if reflecting what had happened the past ten minutes of his life. It was clear that they both were head over heels before this new person.

"She was saying something about going to the Parade tonight." Zarias said.

"No." Jovik said loudly. "You are not leaving me to go to that vulgar gathering. 'Tis barely comprehensible with that derogatory speech let alone engaging at all, people are ridiculously intoxicated, both men AND women wear little to no clothing-"

"Please Jovik, I need to see her again." Zarias begged.

"Fine, you can leave after supper." Jovik sighed. He was about to go back into his lonely yet grand abode, when they decided to speak up.

"Jovik, we have been thinking, it's been forty years." Giltren spoke up.

"You need to spend time outside of home. You can't just stay inside expecting everyone to not talk about you."

If only they knew. The only reason I wished to stay home was because a rumor had spread I was engaged to someone. If Father knew of this, he would through me into the Sea of Monsters.

"This girl you met, where was she from?" I asked, changing the topic.

"Brooklyn, I would presume." Giltren replied.

"What?" I asked to make sure I heard him correctly. A brooklynite in the Upper East? Perhaps it was that the royal guard had fallen weak to the roguish charms.

"She may have been a bastard child," Zarias proposed. Of course he would defend her.

"No matter, I won't come." I said finally. Maybe it may have been better if I hadn't fallen weak to the charms like I had thought the Royal guard to, but my dearest friends gave me a glimpse of what lead to happiness.

"Fine, then we won't go either."

I glared into his eyes that burned bright blue with defiance for a few long seconds. Then, I reluctantly chose happiness.

"Alright, you lovesick sod, I'll come." I said in defeat.

_______________________

I had always thought of this parade at its worst, and not that it wasn't, but something changed my perception of it completely. Someone, to be exact. Someone Zarias and Giltren thought I wouldn't know.