Chapter 13 - Finally Looking Up

After the 3rd period, I head to meet the twins back in B14 to go to the canteen. When I arrive, I see them in a small group with two more people, a tall, dark guy and a small girl with dark hair, who I don't recognise. "Hey," I say as I walk over. "Sup Olive tree?!" Isaac says. I give him an are-you-serious look and he laughs, before introducing me to his friends.

"This is my brother, Eli, who you kinda met earlier."
"Sup," he says.
"This is Jah" Isaac continues, indicating to the tall guy.
"Nice to meet you," Jah says, holding out his hand. His movements are stiff and his voice is low. "Nice to meet you too," I say as I shake it. I see both the twins roll their eyes at his formality.

The small girl steps forward, "Sup?! I'm, Danielle" she says.
"Hi" I reply. She seems cool. Her hair is dyed red and she has a croaky, high pitched voice.
"Lil' Dani is only 11," Elijah says patronisingly, resting his arm on her shoulder. I see anger boil up inside her. "I'm nearly twelve you fucking lizard," she says. Shoving him off.

You fucking lizard

I remember Billie calling me that once. I was trying to reassure her about the guitars for the tour. She was stressing about getting them from one venue to the next and when I explained that there was a lot more room on the tour bus than she thought, she had said: "That's not what I was saying you fucking lizard". We laughed.

But now I am not laughing.

"You ok Liv?" Danielle asks, snapping me out of my thoughts.
"Yeah, I'm fine," I say, clearly not fine. I see slight concern I everyone's faces. But we all head to lunch.

"So, Danielle," I say when we sit at a table in the canteen. "How come you're hanging out with these bozo 13-year-olds," I ask, indicating to the twins. "Well, people my age are even more fucked up than them. So it's the bozo 13-year-olds or nothing" she replies. And I nod.

"And Jah," I begin. "How come I haven't seen you around school yet? I mean fair enough with Danielle but you're in our year, right?" I ask.
"Yeah." He replies in his rusty voice. "I'm just too smart to have any classes with these idiots." He adds with a smirk. I laugh.

"So what do you do in your free time, Olivia?" Elijah asks me.
"I don't get out much. I just stay in and work in my music."
"Oooh, you do music?" Danielle asks. Getting excited.
"Yeah, I write and sing songs" I say.
"Cool. I write and sing rap music under the stage name bhad bhabie" she says, whipping out her phone to show me her songs. We listen to them for about 10 minutes. They're sick. I would love to collab with her, her voice is just so unique.

"So why don't you play some of your stuff?" She asks. And the twins nod in agreement. "Sure," I say and I open up my Instagram where I post all of my songs and covers. I scroll through and find "are you happy now?" and play it to the four of them.

At the end of the song, everyone just stares at me. I feel my cheeks flare with redness as the twins say: "Sheesh!" in unison. "Damn, girl that shit is fire!" Isaac says.
"Bro, that girl's brother just got a slating,"  Eli says, dragging out the word "slating" for much longer than necessary.
"Wait, what? Her brother?" Danielle says, in shock at how crazy the story was. She seems to have interpreted the song correctly.

"Yeah, her brother tried to kiss me," I say. "Then he told his sister that I had been the one to try to kiss him." Danielle just stares at me, as if she's in awe of my strength. If only she knew how weak I'd been the first time Billie betrayed me. Danielle seems strong. But I'm not going to put an 11-year-old through that- nor am I going to put myself through it.

Things are finally looking up. And I'm not going to let the past ruin that for me.

A/N:
Just a short filler, kind of losing motivation to write so please bare with me, keep voting and stay active with my story. It means a lot 💕