22: Silence.

My head is spinning, I can feel whispers around me. And for a while everything stays quiet until I felt pain around my stomach.
And then everything comes crashing back.

Faroukh!
He did this to me. He wanted to kill my—
My baby!

I quickly open my eyes trying to tear off the wires that were connected to my chest and hands.

Someone was holding me, I couldn't see clearly, everything looked almost translucent and the words weren't clear and neither was I able to say a word.

I kept pulling and shaking but someone was holding me down, I needed to know if my baby was alright and then everything suddenly turns blank.

Abdulrazaq's POV.

I sat there waiting for her to regain consciousness, she woke up hysterical earlier and then fainted again. I was worried, she looked battered and in pain. The most important thing right now is for her to wake up, everything lost is already gone and there is no use crying and making her feel worse.
I raise my head and look at her, she never listens, Never!

Aisha's POV.

I could barely keep my eyes open, he grabs me by the collar and laughs. Without saying a word. He throws me down the stairs and slowly walks down to me as I laid in a pool of my own blood. "I doubt the baby will survive" he giggles and walks away swaying excitedly.

I open my eyes abruptly and tightly hold onto my blanket. I look at the ceiling and the decorations on it.
"She's awake" I hear Khalil's voice.

Abdulrazaq stands beside me holding my hands tightly with a weak smile.
"Hey, How are you feeling?" He asks.

I try to speak but nothing comes out of my mouth.
"It's fine you should rest"
I touch my stomach and feel tears gather in my eyes.
"Don't worry about it. Everything is alright"

I close my eyes trying to stop the tears from falling. If Abdulrazaq ever finds out I don't know what he'll do. And the worst part is I can't tell him who did it.

2 Weeks Later.

I sat up on the bed staring blankly at the tv.
The door slides open and Abdulrazaq comes in smiling.
"Well, we can leave tomorrow" he walks over and sits next to me. "It's been 2 weeks Aisha I know it might not be easy for you but I need to know what happened, we can't just leave everything the way it is"

"I fell down the stairs mistakenly—I tripped" I lie.
"You tripped? Did you beat yourself up on the way down? You have scars and you looked beat up"

"It wasn't a mistake—someone pushed me" I lie when I notice he didn't believe the first one.
"Then why did you lie the first time?" He asks suspiciously.
"It was because—" he cuts me off.

"It was Zainab, wasn't it? That was why you lied the first time?"
"No it wasn't—" he cuts me off again.
"You should rest. I'm going to go make sure everything is ready for your departure tomorrow"

"But Abdul—"
"Aisha just rest" he says sternly.

I look around my room. Everything was back to normal like nothing ever happened. He was in my room and he hurt me.
Abdul comes in with my things and looks at me.
"If you don't like it here you can stay in my room instead" he says and I nod.

I sat beside Abdul and rested both my legs on his lap as we watched.
The door flings open, Zainab and Khalil stood by the door.