Mountainview High

Sebastian's POV

I walked the main hall of the school. Between the scent of humans lingered the heavy scent of werewolves. Mountainview Highschool was in a secluded town deep in the wooded peaks. The town of Mountainview had a very low population and mostly consisted of loyal rich residents that had been there for decades. The high school was relatively large, as it was the only high school in the town. 

This place had long been a haven for werewolves because of its rural location in the mountains. I could distinguish between the two pack's members just by sniffing the air. I past a group of students who were standing in a corner. Ivory pack. The Ivory pack and the Dusk pack are allies. I smiled at them mechanically, because it was duty as the Alpha of the Dusk pack. We were the two main groups in the area, however there were smaller and less known packs scattered around. 

Fall had come, and outside it was already getting dark. I walked to the parking lot. My pack my waiting for me outside. "All good?" my Beta Will asked. I nodded. "None of the humans suspect anything." Recently one of our younger wolves had lost control and transformed on campus. We had been stressed, worried that a human had seen. Our search was inconclusive and we dismissed the matter. I climbed into my car, a 2019 Rolls-Royce Cullinan and left.

I drove out of the school parking lot, the other cars behind. It took 10 minutes to get out of town. I turned onto the dirt road and entered the forest.  My car bumped a bit. By now it was already dark; we were on the state line between New York and Canada. I switched on the headlights. After a while the iron gates of the Pack house came into view. I rolled down my window and placed my finger on the ID scanner. The gates smoothly swung open and I went up the long driveway, parking my car in the garage.

The pack house was a large, modern mansion, made primarily of glass and marble. Forest surrounded it. I went inside. The older council members where gathered around the large granite island in the kitchen. My father, the former Alpha, and my mother were waiting for me.

"We need you for the council," my father said. I nodded, my Beta Will following me. I stood with the other around the island. "Okay," Scar, one of the older pack members said. "Now that we're all here, we have a problem to discuss. Apparently there's a rogue on the loose." My father raised his eyebrow. "Why is this such a big problem?" He asked. "Well," Scar said, "This rogue is unusual. He has apparently lost all his intelligence to madness, judging by his previous attacks." There were a few murmurs. My father shook his head. "Impossible." By now everyone was clamoring to speak. "Shut up!" I roared at them. "Your Alpha is speaking," I growled. "Scar, tell me about the attacks," I asked. "Well, these attacks are quite unusual. Unlike normal rogue attacks, the aftermath is not messy. Everyone is usually left quietly incapacitated. Pack members are rarely killed. Often, packs don't realize it until the morning. By then the rogue is gone and something of value has been stolen." I nodded. "Listen up," I said. "I want extra guards out each night. If you get any news of the rogue, tell me immediately. We haven't been hit yet, but any moment we could." I promptly left the kitchen and walked up the stairs to my room. I reached my door and put my finger to the scanner. It beeped and the door latch unclicked. I pushed it open and tossed my backpack on the king-sized bed.

I need a run. I tore off my clothes and shifted. My large wolf was caramel brown, like my hair and tanned skin. Like my human form, one eye was brown and one was green. I trotted to the balcony and leaped off the side, falling two stories before hitting the ground and rolling. A group of young teen girls from the pack were sitting around the fire pit. They giggled and stared as my wolf form shot past them. I was running at a decent pace through the forest when Will joined me. His fur was a deep chocolate brown with grey eyes. |You know|, he said through the mind link,      |Those girls wouldn't annoy you so much if you finally found a damn mate|. A few other wolves joined us, all male of course, because females couldn't shift. I let them run for a bit until I sent them away. |You too, Will|, I told him. He whined and then ran back.

I was standing in the stream, the fur of my belly barely grazing the water. I drank some and sat down in the water. Looking at the moon, I let out a long howl.