He nodded quickly, "I'll meet you there!" Jason called rushing off to his motorbike hidden on the other side of the warehouse. Whatever situation it was, Jason knew Bruce needed all the help he could get. And it was a good opportunity to find out if Bruce really did love him, the same way he loved Dick.

***

Alfred Pennyworth stood by the Batcomputer, waiting for his master to return like he always did. He prepared the medical facility the moment everyone left, just in case they returned with injuries, which they usually always did.

The hum of the Batmobile engine alerted Alfred that his master had returned. He watched as the oddly shaped car, drove past in a black blur then came to a stop in an instant.

"Welcome home, Master Bruce!" Alfred announced as Batman quickly got out of the Batmobile. Alfred was walking down the metal staircase to meet his master when his eyes landed on a small child exiting the vehicle from the passenger side.

Alfred approached the Batmobile, getting a closer look at who was accompanying the Bat this time. The child was staring at the cave around him in awe, not noticing the butler had approached him and was currently staring at him in shock.

Alfred swore that this child standing in front of him was the spitting image of Bruce when he was younger, he had the same ebony hair and blue eyes. But Alfred shook it off as mere coincidence.

"Alfred, this is Damian, he'll be staying with us for a while."

Wonderful, another mouth to feed.

Alfred walked closer to the boy, lightly bowing his head, "it's a pleasure to meet you, Master Damian."

Damian returned the gesture, keeping his hands clasped behind his back in a formal manner, "Likewise," he replied politely.

Batman removed his cowl, showing Damian his true identity for the first time. Not that it was a shock to Damian, he knew someone was under the mask. Bruce knelt down to Damian's height so he could look him in the eyes.

"My true identity is Bruce Wayne. You mustn't reveal this to anyone, understand?"

Damian nodded, looking into Bruce's eyes, eyes that seemed familiar yet distant.

Bruce stood up and made his way to the Batcomputer. Damian remained where he was, unsure of what to do.

Looking at the boy, Alfred noticed that his clothes were soaked through from the downpour earlier that day. "Why don't you follow me, young Sir. I'll take you to change out of those wet clothes."

Alfred wrapped his arm gently around Damian's shoulder guiding him out of the cave and into the manor. Bruce watched them leave, waiting for them to be out of sight before turning to the Batcomputer, trying his best to find whatever information he could on his new house guest.

The moment Damian left the cave and entered the manor, the warmth engulfed him. He was once again, gawking at his surroundings in astonishment. Alfred guided him out of the room and towards the grand staircase. As they climbed the stairs, Damian couldn't help but glide his hand along the polished, mahogany banister as he went.

They reached the end of the hall, stopping at a door just to the side of another set of stairs. Alfred opened the door, gesturing for Damian to step inside.