Chapter 50

Chapter 50

Blowing a deep sigh out I tucked a strand of my blonde hair behind my ear as I glanced around me at the many tourists swarming around me like flies. Seniors snapping pictures like awe struck Americans who have never left the small town they grew up in, some young college students strolled around in groups laughing as they passed the older tourists. It was what I hate the most about traveling, the over crowded streets filled with visitors who couldn't blend in to the crowd. Being a person who hates crowds and pictures this was torture for me to have to come here but Tess said her friend would be here to pick me up. Why I took a taxi to this over crowded tourist site for some stranger to come pick me up I have no clue?

Dragging my cheetah print suitcase across the pavement I made my way through the crowd to the front of the fountain where I was instructed to wait for my 'escort' to bring me to my hotel. Squeezing past middle aged men with round bellies I noticed the small space I had growing more narrow as I neared the front of the fountain. Growing more annoyed with my so called best friend I gritted my teeth as my bare shoulder rubbed across a stranger's sweaty forearm. The sweltering heat didn't help that everyone was nearly pressed together, back to back. Every which way I turned I felt someone's sweaty skin rub against me.

Mentally cursing Tess I elbowed my way through the flashing cameras and posing grad students determined to get to my destinations. Not at all bothered by the angry people shouting for me to stop running my suitcase over their feet or even caring that I was being cursed at in both languages. All I cared about was getting to the damn front and getting out if this blazing sun. Using my elbows to navigate my way through the angry strangers I sighed in relief as the sound of water grew louder indicating I was nearly there.

Finally breaking through I pulled my suitcase out into the small opening I miraculously found at the edge of the large fountain. Before I could actually enjoy the moment my phone rang. Fishing my phone out of my front pocket I rolled my eyes as I read the screen.

"Just the person I was thinking of." I grunted into the receiver

"Good thoughts I assume." Tess replied happily

Wrapping my free arm around my waist I felt a soft smile tug at my lips "Well I'm in the midst of a crowd of sweaty people who act more like five year olds at a place I wasn't planning on visiting because of you. So, no they aren't good thoughts."

"Relax, he should be there soon."

"Do I even get to know his name or do I just follow any stranger who walks up to me?" I asked sarcastically

"Trust me you'll know him when you see him babe."

Pursing my lips at her vague reply I glanced over my shoulder wondering if this stranger was here yet. If it weren't for the fact that I am a disaster when it comes to navigating an unknown city I wouldn't need this escort of hers who I am still uncertain of, I mean what if he's a serial killer. Than again Tess trust this guy enough to put me in his hands knowing how horrible I am with foreign languages and people skills.

"Is this guy like your cousin in the escort service?" I half teased

Huffing out a breath she answered "You'll be in good hands I swear, you just figure out what you're going to say."

"Don't remind me." I groaned dreading the moment I had to face the music

"Oh come on Khloe we talked about this all day yesterday when you decided going down there would be the best option."

"As I recall this was your bright idea." I corrected

Her soft laughter rang from the other end "I had help from Aaron who I must say was very excited you agreed to do this."