Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Twisting my fingers together I sunk my teeth into my bottom lip, my eyes fixed on the twin crimson entrance doors of the fancy restaurant, like a hawk I stared at the wide doors waiting for Wes to stroll in. Although I honest couldn't really blame him for not arriving, our last encounter was very awkward considering we practically had sex on his sofa and my immature exit didn't exactly help the already uncomfortable situation.

I released a small sigh under my breath as the scene from two days ago replayed in my mind bringing along with it an ache in between my legs. As much as I wanted to say I didn't enjoy what he did I couldn't bring myself to deny how incredibly amazing I felt as my body awoke from it's deep slumber, the toe curling sensations he ignited through my body that none of my previous sex partners were able to do. I hated the fact that Wes had given me my first orgasm, but more that he most likely doesn't even know that he had. To him I freaked out because he had his fingers in my clit, but it never crossed his mind that the foreign feeling freaked me out. After more than ten years of trying to get my body to feel that level of ecstasy he comes along and with three -very talented- fingers makes me feel more womanly than I've ever felt in my whole twenty six years of life. That moment will forever be imprinted in my mind but to him it's just another girl screaming his name.

The small pang in my chest startled me as the realization dawned on me, he has made other woman feel that soaring feeling so what would another experience with me matter? I should have been delighted by the thought but I didn't, instead I felt another pang in my chest. A man causally dressed stepping through the large crimson doors had my head snapping up as his soft grey eyes searched the small bar outside of the actual restaurant before settling in me. My heart pounded in my ears as he made his way towards me, a wave of discomfort washed through me as he approached looking dashingly handsome in navy blue slacks and a sleek silver dress shirt that was tucked neatly under his slacks. Drinking in his perfectly tailored clothing I once again applauded John for doing an amazing job, and the color choices were appropriate for the light lunch. The shirt clung to his upper body like a second skin adding to his lean figure, the top buttons were undone allowing a peek at his sun-kissed skin.

Digging my fingers into my palm fought the urge to run my hands over the exposed skin, remembering vividly how taunt his muscles were beneath my touch.

"You came." I said in a soft breath

"I said I would." he replied his features schooled

It bothered me just how cool and collected his features were, it wasn't like Wes "Yes, well given the circumstances I thought you wouldn't."

A glint of hurt flashed in his eyes before he spoke "I didn't expect you to take what happened well but I didn't think you would be so childish either." he said a edgy tone tinging his words

"I'm not being childish." I shot back my eyes narrowing to slits

He took a step forward which hadn't went unnoticed, my stomach clenched nervously well aware of his looming shadow that cascaded over me. "You couldn't even ask me yourself to come today, your friend had to and I'm sure you were standing right beside her too scared to talk to me." he seethed his voice a low hiss

My eyes widened at his precise guess, while Tess spoke to him yesterday I strained to hear his response over the desk hoping he wouldn't mention anything about our - encounter or refuse to accompany me. Composing my shock at his accuracy I lifted my gaze to meet his, to show him I wasn't scared.

"How would you like me to act than? You are obviously a professional at this sort of thing considering the woman that parade out of your apartment monthly."