"I'm too pretty to cry." She giggles and wipes her cheeks and then rests her head on my shoulder, making my heart warm. Kaden smiles at the both of us.

"Ava is going to look after you, Lily. Is that okay?" She nods at his question and then wriggles about, wanting to be let down. I gently place her on her feet and she runs off back upstairs.

"Lily don't run up those stairs!" Kaden scolds.

"Nap now!" She yells and climbs up the stairs.

Kaden turns back to me. He's a lot closer than what he was before, I can smell his sexy smelling aftershave.

Gosh this man is sexy.

"She's a good girl, she just gets excited around new people. I can tell she already loves you." He smiles down at me and I nod in response.

"You're very tall." I look up at him and he chuckles.

"Maybe you're really small, Angel." He smirks.

"I'm five foot seven. I'm tall." I cross my arms over my chest but invisibly blush when he looks down at my cleavage.

"Okay, whatever you say." He winks. "I need to go. Please help yourself to food and stuff, if there are any problems please call me. I'll be back around nine tonight."

"Okay." I walk him to the door.

"See you later, Ava." He winks and then makes his way to his Range Rover.

I slowly close the door and a small smile creeps onto my face.

•••

A couple hours later Lily wakes up from her nap. I help her down the stairs, making sure she doesn't fall.

"You hungry, sweetie?" I pick her up and rest her on my hip when I see that she is still a bit sleepy.

"Yes, can I have some toast please?" She whispers, rubbing the sleep out of her eyes.

I place Lily onto a chair and I start to make her toast. She continues to stare at me for a while before she speaks up.

"Are you going to be my babysitter forever?" She leans forward and smiles.

"Not forever, Lily." I give her a small smile.

"Are you going to be my daddy's princess?" I choke on air when I hear her question.

"No, sweetie." I lightly chuckle.

"B-But he needs princess." Her lips start to tremble. "Daddy's sad and lonely." I stand there in shock as she begins to sniffle.

"Hey, I'm sure your daddy is fine. He has you!" I say, trying to cheer her up.

"I just want a mummy." She whispers sadly and my heart breaks.

"Don't be sad, sweetie." I crouch down in front of her and wipe her tears away.

"I like you. You're kind and really, really, really pretty." She whispers.

"I'm not going anywhere for a while, Lily." I reassure her. "How about we watch a film, yeah?" She nods excitedly.

"Princess and The Frog!" She exclaims.

"Okay you go and set it up and I'll finish making your toast." I help her down from the chair and she quickly hugs my leg before running into the living room.

I walk into the living room and hand Lily a plate with her toast on.

"Thank you, Avey!" She beams and I laugh at the nickname she gave me.

•••

Three movies later and I am being woken up. "Ava." I slowly open my eyes and see Kaden looking down at me.

"Oh! I'm so sorry." I whisper and adjust Lily who is asleep against me. "We were watching a movie, I must of fallen asleep." I begin to ramble and Kaden just chuckles and places his hands on top of my shoulders.

"Hey, calm down Angel." He looks down at me in amusement. "I'm going to take Lily to her room. Thank you for looking after her." I look out the window and see it was really dark outside.

"I better go." I put my shoes on.

"Let me go and get your money." He comes back a couple minutes later and hands me the money.

My eyes widen. Two hundred pounds! "I think you've given me too much Kaden. I thought you said in the letter eight five pounds?"

"Take the money, Ava." He says sternly. "I'll be seeing you tomorrow, yes?" I nod and we both walk to the front door. "Someone is coming to pick you up, right?" He looks at me in concern and blocks me from walking outside.

"My friend should be here in a couple minutes." I say, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Okay, well you stay inside until she comes." He closes the door.

"He, actually." I awkwardly smile and I see an unrecognisable emotion flash in his blue eyes.

"Your friend is a boy?" He raises his eyebrows.

"Yeah." We are interrupted by my phone going off and I see that it is a message from my friend Charlie. "He's outside." Kaden nods and opens the door for me.

"Make sure you message me when you get home, okay. You have my number right?"

"Yes." I had to get his number to contact him in the first place about babysitting Lily. "I'll see you tomorrow." I smile and he smiles back.

"Goodnight, Angel."

💛