the night

As it got later my Dad left me to sleep , I'd never felt like he loved me but earlier I truly did.
time skip to morning ...

"Elise , you awake?" my dad called through my door.
"yeah Dad , come in." i replied gently
my dad entered with a soft smile on his face this calmed me.
"How did you sleep?" He asked inquisitively.
"Not too bad, best in a while." I said giving him a reassuring smile.
"hey, is it cool for your uncle mikey to come over and frank and ray if you remember them?" He said sounding apprehensive.
"of course, I've missed mikey a lot and the other guys too." I said enthusiastically even though inside the thought of this made me die slighty, I'm anxious and shy at the best of times but men who I hadn't seen in years??no thanks.
"Okay good cause well, they'll be over in half an hour". He said giving me a weak smile.
no no no I thought to myself I couldn't do this shit without even realising I just starting crying, uncontrollably.
"Anxiety?" He questioned as he sat with me and began to stroke my back.
I nodded and he pulled me close and hugged me until I began to calm down.
"It's going to be okay, Mikey knew you so well as a kid, better than me probably" he said sadness laced in his voice."he knows how to help you out, him and frank were always good with you. Better than i or your mom ever were." He said sounding guilty
we sat in silence for a few moments until my dad spoke "did your mom ever change or was she the same workaholic, friends over her kid?" He asked inquisitively.
"she need changed I was always kinda with my grandma until she passed last year." I said solemnly.
"I'm sorry" my dad spoke after a minute sounding ever so guilty.
as much as I was beginning to love him I had spent the last 14 years of my life feeling unloved by my own parents, fuck my dads best friend dealt with me better.

Gerard ways daughter On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara