Excerpts of Things I Will Never Say #2

After everything, all she ever wanted was a little affection. Shewanted attention, someone who would look at her differently.She needed to feel warm and loved, and not just needed.You see, she was always there for everyone who needed her,except for herself. In a way, she put her own needs asidethinking that perhaps, if she gave her attention to others; if shethought about others' problems and needs, she wouldn't haveto think about her own. And no, it didn't make her worry lessbecause God knows, she worried most of the time. Instead, itcaused her to be anxious, sleep deprived and angrier towardsherself than she ever had been before. She became allergic toemotions; allergic to her own heart. In a sense, she becamenumb.Who was she anymore? Who had she become?She didn't know. She tried to find peace within herself, but itwas hopeless. She knew that to find peace she would need toaccept things in her life, while letting go of others. The lettinggo part was nothing. Although she knew it should be easy, shewasn't quite sure how to go about making it happen. It was theaccepting part that was so hard for her. If she only knew how toaccept certain things, then maybe, just maybe, she would beable to move on. But her mind was set on other things besidesaccepting.And her heart...God, her heart was barely functioning as itshould have been. Besides doing its natural task of deliveringblood to her body, it didn't serve any other purpose.