New York Detour//The Winter Soldier

Start from the beginning

"I'm good, Stark. Just got back from a mission with Cap and Nat." Melody tells him as she pulls out of the garage and onto the street.

"How did that go?" Tony questions, making Melody chuckle.

"I was teamed with STRIKE, so I'm sure you could guess. Are you at the tower right now?" Melody asks, thinking about taking a small trip to New York.

"Of course. Am I getting a visit from my favorite little moonbeam?" Tony asks in response.

"Why is it always little? 'My favorite little this, my little that', I'm 3 years away from 30, Stark." Melody informs him, making him laugh.

"Mel, you're only five feet tall and you could easily pass for like, 16." Tony teases.

"Whatever, see you in a few hours." Melody says, rolling her eyes.

"See you soon, buttercup." Tony says, hanging up. Melody shakes her head as she pulls up to a stoplight, placing her right foot on the ground as she waits for the light to change.

"Idiot, billionaire." Melody mumbles to herself, watching the traffic light.

The light changes and Melody quickly makes her way home to grab some clothes before making her way up to the Avengers Tower.

After a few hours, Melody pulled her black and green motorcycle into the garage of the Avengers Tower and hopped off, pulling off her helmet and earbuds. She leaves her helmet on her bike and pulls her earbuds out, shoving them into the pocket of her leather jacket as she makes her way towards the elevator.

"Hello, Miss Rogers." JARVIS greets as the elevator doors open and she steps in.

"Hi, JARVIS. Where's Tony?" She questions as the doors close.

"Mr. Stark is in his lab. Would you like me to inform him that you're here?" JARVIS questions as the elevator starts to move.

"No, it's okay, buddy." Melody says as the elevator arrives on the floor Tony's lab is on.

Melody makes her way around the floor and to the lab. The closer she gets, the louder the sound of AC/DC playing gets. As she reaches the lab, the doors slide open and she walks in quietly. She walks over to a screen mounted to the wall and pauses the music.

"Hello, my favorite idiot billionaire!" Melody yells, laughing as Tony turns quickly to face her.

"Um, I think you mean genius, my little cherry blossom." Tony says as he walks over and wraps her in a hug, kissing the top of her head.

"Okay, okay. Let go of me." Melody demands after briefly hugging him back.

The two had developed a very sibling like relationship over the past two years. Though, it wasn't weird. The two had met a few times briefly when Melody was just a baby, but the first encounter she could actually remember took place when she was only 3 years old. Tony, being 13 years older, was the older brother she never wanted, but loved to death regardless of the situation.

The first time she could actually remember meeting Tony was a day she was with Peggy. Peggy was babysitting 3 year old Melody and had decided to take Mel with her to go to the Stark household to talk with Howard.