bonus chapter(s): good ending (part1)

ANNOUNCEMENT: i think this is an alternate universe where everything was different from the true ending. enjoy folks!

////

It was the night of the acquaintance party. Adrien Agreste sat down after dancing with his classmates. He thought that he took every girl to dance so felt exhausted but at the same time, accomplished. 

"Let's go back to our respective seats as we will now proceed to dinner!" He heard Rose exclaimed. "Enjoy, everyone."

He immediately went to get his own plate before everyone lined up and served his favorite type of meals. He walked back to his own table with his friends. But so far, none of his friends are back from the line yet. He ate his dinner in a sulky manner, because he felt as if he was missing something important, or rather, missing someone important. 

Someone cleared their throat. He hastily looked up in their direction. It was her. Shit. 

"Uh, can I sit here?"

He stared at her for a moment, both in confusion and in regret. 

Y/N L/N, his best friend. He forgot to take her to the dance!

He wanted to slap himself. Really hard. How could he forget about the person that was the most important to him? He could almost hear a whisper saying that, "if you forgot about it then it is not important." Adrien shook his head. 

"Hello?" 

He jumped, frantically searching for her eyes. "Um, sure. You can sit." A sudden question popped in his mind. Why does she wants to sit here? Well he can't just ask that all of a sudden, so he settled for a simple question. "What happened?" He shouted a bit because the speakers were being too loud. 

She shook her head. "Nothing, uhm--" she looked behind her, making Adrien follow her gaze. Her friends were laughing in their table. The girl in front of him then turned away, facing the tablecloth. "I guess there aren't any vacant seats."

"But, don't you sit there?"

"Yeah, but it's okay. I just- I just wanna eat." She gave him a reassuring smile. A smile that did not reach her eyes. She thought he wouldn't notice it.

But he did notice it. 

It hurts everytime he sees her not okay or pretending to be okay when it's really not. He wanted to help her as a friend. Looking back, he remembered her confession to him and he responded by simply replying a yes. He felt stupid for being so ignorant. He acknowledged her declaration in what he thought was a good way, when it was the other way around. 

He could imagine her hurting when she listened through his rants and yip-yapping about Marinette not liking him back when he did not know that someone likes him for who he was. 

He felt so stupid. He was stupid. 

He wants to make thing right this time. 

So he slowly scooted his chair over to her. "What are you doing."

Adrien did not answer. Instead, he placed a hand on her back and began to rub it in a soothing way. In his mind, he repeated words saying that, 'I am going to make things right, I am going to make things right. I will make up to her.'

"It's okay," he said. "Everything's gonna be okay, Y/N."

He studied her face, it was contorting into sadness, anger, just restlessness. He watched her blink once and faced him. "Thanks, you should eat now."

"Okay," Without another word, he reached for his plate and placed it in front of him. He turned to her and gave her a hopeful smile. Hoping she would smile back. The only thing he got was that her eye twitched. She went back to eating her food silently.

Adrien inwardly sighed. 

"Did you enjoy the dance?" He heard her clear her throat and ask. 

He gulped. His jacket was slowly constraining him and bit by bit, he cannot breathe. "Oh, um, yeah. I did." He chuckled awkwardly. "It was fun."

"Oh yeah?" She countered. "You danced with the girls?"

"...yeah."

The two of them went quiet, only the sound of the loud music and the crowd conversing occupied the silence. He began to fiddle with the utensils in his hands. He seems to be concentrating or overthinking and it didn't go unnoticed by her. 

"Adrien.." she started, staring at him in concern. "Are you ok--"

"Y/N." That was all he said and she halted, her eyes widened. 

She furrowed her eyebrows. "Y-yeah?"

"Come with me."

Now she was bewildered. "What-" Adrien dropped everything, making a clunking sound and stoop up, grabbing her arm and taking her with him. No one suspected a thing because number one, the loud music, number two, they should just have fun and number three, there are so many dang people and nobody gives a sht. 

Soon, Adrien decreased his pace in walking, leading the two of them outside the courtyard, where the party was still happening, but the loud song was still heard. There weren't students and people around, just what he wanted. 

She dropped her arm that he was holding. 

"Adrien," she said again. "What are you doing?" 

"I'm sorry."

"Huh?"

"I'm sorry if you think that you're not important because I didn't get the chance to dance with you earlier. I have no excuse. I want to make up with you. I want to make things right." And as if on cue, a mellow song started. It was a soft melody, one perfect for this scene. "Now," he said, reaching for her hand and placing it on his shoulder. He placed his own around her waist and the other hand extended towards her other hand and intertwined it together. "Dance with me."

The two of them moved to the rhythm. The girl looked around to see if there were people suspecting or watching then at their feet in the hopes of not stomping Adrien's feet, but the whole time, the boy was watching her in front him, just holding his hand and swaying with him. 

"Did you enjoy the dance earlier?" He whispered.

Finally, she turned to him. Her e/c shining in the moonlight. "Uh, yeah... I did."

He smiled, deciding to make fun of her. "Oh, yeah, I can see it in your eyes when you were dancing with Nathaniel."

"Are you watching me?" She smirked, her eyes turning mischievous. It was the first time he saw her smile that night. 

He smirked back. "Aren't the two of you together?"

She then stared at him, mortified. "No! Gosh, no. Why would you think of that?"

"It's because you're always hanging out with him. Maybe, you know, you and him..."

"Whatever it is you're thinking, you better stop it. Besides, he clearly has a thing for Marinette."

He raised an eyebrow. "Wait, really?" He shrugged. "Can't really blame him, Marinette's the greatest." He spun her around, returning to his arms again. He gingerly held her hand, softly massaging it. 

"Too bad she rejected you."

"Ouch, Y/N." He feigned a hurt look. He gave her a pained smile. "Way to bring back awful memories."

She gave him a sad smile. "I'm sorry." She's too good for this world.

Adrien grinned. "Well it's a good thing you were always there for me, right? To keep me in check? Making sure I'm a not a complete, total mess?"

She chuckled. "Yeah, I did a good job, didn't I?"

"Yeah, you did."

And I love you for that.

////

ooohhh things are getting spicy, i see

KimmiePines~