part three

"Back in London. How does it feel?" Roger asks Camila as her eyes haven't left the window of the plane for the past eight or so hours.

Finally dropping her eyes and looking at him, "Feels just like the first time," she answers softly. Because to her, it is her first time.

"The first time was like... what? Five years ago?" he chuckles. "You've come so far since then."

"I bet I have," she mutters but to herself this time.

It officially marks the third week since Camila's woken up to this alternate reality. Three weeks far too long but although it makes her sick every time she opens her eyes to it each morning, she still accepts it. This is her life now and she has to deal with it.

She also has to deal with the fact that she's about to perform one of her new hit songs "Liar." She's done all that she could to prepare. Run through it a billion times, look back at how she previously performed it and whatnot. Now, all she can do is give it her best.

She smiles in the photos she takes with fans but her eyes tell a different story. She wants to shield them with the sunglasses she has, especially when the paparazzi appear but finds she doesn't want to be "that" celebrity.

Too many thoughts run through Camila's mind the minute she steps out from her car to when she enters her hotel suite. All of them about one person in particular. What was she doing? What was she thinking? Seeing? Feeling? Was it about her, too?

Lauren did have some things to say about the whole "cheating" scandal to the public. Of course, in a very poise and classy way since she is a high-esteemed supermodel after all. She won't dare to surround herself with controversy that makes her look like a lying, cheating whore. She's about to become the new face of Gucci, after having walked the show during Milan fashion week, and that would never do for her image.

"I can't even fathom the idea of ever doing something like that," she tells a Hollywood gossip source. "Ariana and I are very much still together and in love. Nothing will ever come between that." No comment on the Camila aspect of it but let's just say her unfollowing the singer on Instagram made some things pretty clear.

Just to further prove her point, a recent influx of pictures of Lauriana out and about together in NYC (as well at a Knicks game), showing more PDA than usual, had speculation die down even quicker. Photos of them holding hands, kissing and touching posted as a big "fuck you" to every skeptical eye.

Obviously Ariana was going to believe her girlfriend of five years over anybody else. They have trust, loyalty, honesty and healthy communication in their relationship. The key to any long-lasting relationship. They were each other's soulmates till the day they die and no silly cheating or breakup rumors were going to ruin that. But that's what it took time and time again... honesty and communication. They have to be the ones to talk about it, learn from it and move on together. Even if that took a bit more trying each time.

"So, I first met Ariana at the 2014 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show in London. Before, I was just starting out, being a PINK spokesmodel and only just getting recognized by big brands. Basically a nobody at the time..."

Camila sat alone in bed, with a bucket of ice cream and a spoon, watching yet again, an abundance of Lauren Jauregui videos. Most were interviews from Prada, Balmain, Calvin Klein, and other high-end fashion campaigns but for some reason, a whole lot of videos about Lauren and Ariana's relationship. Just for some self-sabotage.

"...And it's funny because we kept looking at each other a lot on and off stage, but didn't have the courage to talk until the very, very end of the show. I finally got the confidence and approached her to say how cute she looked in her little pink robe and then... I don't know, we just sort of went on a date and hit it off from there." Lauren couldn't help the blush and light giggle in the video from June 2016, a year and a half into their relationship yet still in that honeymoon stage.