19

Chase awoken of the sound of painful wrenching sobs. He was uncertain where they were coming from but he knew it wasn't him. "....... Maria I can't lose my son" he can detect they were coming out of older's man. The deep voice sounded so brittle. Chase never wanted to leave so bad and comfort him.

He didn't hear nothing for a while. The brown haired boy was wondering if the person had left but he heard them once more. "I already lost his mother..." Then it was followed up with another muffled sob. He was unable to hear the other person. Chase listened to the footsteps as hospital door shut softly behind the two.

He fluttered his left eye steadily, seeing everything unfold him. He observed that he was attached to an IVs and wrapped up with bandages. Chase was unable to lift up his head. He winced every time he tried to. The boy pulled his hand up to face, feeling his other eyed was covered. He let his hand wonder on his head, it was completely buzz shaved.

"What the hell" he mumbled under his breath shockingly. His hair was his best featured on him. He covered his face, feeling ashamed to even want to walk out the room. Will his girlfriend think he will be attractive anymore? Chase doubt it. He didn't have any electronics around for him so he took the remote from the side of him and turned on the TV.

Chase sighed, looking up to the mini tv that was placed up high in the corner roof of the room. He surf through channels before hitting the news. He stayed to watch. "3 days ago a heroic teen named Chase Hudson was strike by a car. Sources say that he saved his best friend by pushing him out the way. He saved the teen and an adorable kitten on Saturday morning" the anchor's reported in a monotone voice.

 He saved the teen and an adorable kitten on Saturday morning" the anchor's reported in a monotone voice

Best friend? He thought. "The teen is in hospital with serious injuries as for his best friend, Noen Eubanks, has minor injuries. Their families nor Noen Eubanks wanted to do interview. Back to Glen for weather report" The screen cut off to Glen, an short asian man.

Chase turned off the TV and remembering everything that happened. Firstly, he was kinda pissed on how they posted a bad picture of him. Secondly, he needed to go find Noen. The problem was that he couldn't move and he was so determined. Chase never felt so useless in his whole life. He just wanted to get up and he couldn't without feeling pain.

It wasn't just him losing blood and almost dying. The brown haired boy had fractures scattered within him like a virus. The boy was left with marks, bruises, stitches from the accident & surgery. Chase looked like he was a zombie and he felt like one too. It was annoying that he had to stay in bed and not be able to walk on his own two feet.

Chase tried again. This time pissed because he was stuck in the bed like super glue. "I- fuck" he grunted out or his teeth. The young boy shifted a bit, uncomfortable in his own skin. He just needed to get out the door. He had do to. He grimaced when ripped out his IVs out his arms and taking the nasal tube out his nose. Chase did not understand that he needed those things.

The instant weakness hit him harder. He held his stomach, feeling like he was going to throw up any minute. Chase glared at the door, he wishes it was easy to leave. The teenager started shifting more, believing he could crawl to the wheel chair that was on the right of him. He made himself fall onto the cold hard floor, making a noisy whimper sound.

Chase didn't cry even though his body felt like he was on fire. He couldn't stop whimpering though, he felt like screaming. "NURSE" he heard the door open. His step mother cried for help as his father lifted him in his arms and onto the bed again. Chase never felt so weak. "Why did you do that?" His father yelled at him.

Chase studied his father's face, observing that he had red eyes and a red nose. His father actually cried. He never saw his father so upset, emotionally. "I just wanted.... it doesn't matter anymore" He bit his lip, trying not be sad. Mr. Hudson watched his son in sad eyes, wishing he could take his son's pain away.

All Chase wanted to do was be with Noen for christ sakes. He did not like this new life he was living after the accident but he would do it again. For Noen.

-

"How are you feeling?" His mom asked him over the dinner table. Noen was discharged from the hospital yesterday and nothing felt right to him. It was like his life had flashed before his eyes and everyone was watching his every move. His parents wouldn't leave him alone nor did his friends. He was suffocated.

Noen only received a fracture in his upper arm so it had to be immobilized with a sling. He had a couple scratches on his face, nothing too bad. The blonde haired boy kept on daydreaming about Chase and how he was doing. The whole thing just shook him up bad honestly. He was just arguing with the boy that he didn't care about anyone but then proceeds to push him out the way? It had to mean something, it just had to.

"Noen" His father caught his attention again. He sent them an emotionless glance. "I feel okay" he lied. His mother couldn't help but feel overcome with emotion, "What your friend did was very brave.... and valiant... I couldn't imagine losing you" She wiped a tear. His father placed his hand on top of hers. "Okay" Noen let out a cry.

The teen felt overwhelmed. He's still wasn't sure how he was going to move on from this. He needed to see Chase, he really did. His mother continued to cry as his father said, "We just wanted to say we are happy that you are alive and we love you bubba" Noen nodded his head. "Can I have a moment?" He hugged both his parents before leaving.

He took his bike and made a call, "Hey can I come see you?".

-

Author's note

After I finish this: Janthony is next.