18

"WHITE MALE SEVENTEEN YEARS OLD FIVE FOOT SEVEN INCHES TALL HAS BEEN HIT NEEDS IMMEDIATE ATTENTION" Chase heard the fading shouting. He could only view from his left eye. He was unable to view from his right eye like if it was a dead end on a road. He kept on fading in and out of consciousness. His body was shutting down. He was dying.

"PATIENT IS LOSING BLOOD REPEAT" The woman EMT yelled then, his hearing ran away from him. It sounded like a loud never ending beep in his ear drums. Chase's jaw dropped open, trying to talk but nothing came out but drool. He wanted to take the oxygen mask off but his arms flopped back onto the stretcher like noddles.

He shut his right eye closed joining the wounded one, feeling the EMTS working on him. Chase Hudson was in such bad position. The accident did so much damage to his body that EMTS were growing doubtful if he was going to make out alive. "The kid is going to die if we don't get to this hospital" The woman told her partner.

Caleb Finn has been an EMT for 2 years in America and honestly he had witness it all. From people dying beneath his eyes, baby deliveries, suicide attempts, gunshots, heart attacks and etc. Working this job was tough but Caleb has seen so many strong people and Chase was one of them. He should've died on the scene but by faith, his heart is beating.

"He's going to be okay Li-anne he's okay" Caleb was trying to calm the situation down with a low voice. Li-anne glanced at him with worry eyes but continued doing blood transfusion on their patient. The young woman had a heart for children, they didn't deserve to not live. It was 11 o'clock in the morning on a Saturday, he should be eating breakfast with family not fighting for his life.

That's the thing about life, anything could happen. You can leave this earth at any moment. You not even aware when will it be the next time you talk to someone or see them. Death doesn't let you say goodbye. Thankfully, the ambulance arrived at the hospital fast. The two EMTS with help with nurses, rolled Chase out of the van.

Everything seemed okay when Chase when was being rushed into surgery until his heart meter started steadily beeping low. "HE NEEDS ATTENTION NOW" The nurse screamed hysterically. The young boy was transferred onto a table with several doctors and nurses ready to save him. They started with another bag of blood and IV of fluids, injecting inside his lifeless body.

They started cutting his clothes and bandages, preparing for surgery. Chase Hudson could only see the light. He wanted to get close to. To touch it so bad. He felt safer and protected. He didn't feel any agony. That's when his heart went to a flatline. He was leaving. Leaving behind everyone that ever loved him. His hopes and dreams. His dad and mom. His sisters. His friends. His dog. His girlfriend. He was gone.

"EMERGENCY SHOCK EMERGENCY SHOCK" the nurse yelled, handing the shock treatment. It was filled with energy, ready to wake up the patient. The doctor pumped it up and sticking it onto Chase's chest. He didn't wake up the first time. "STAY WITH ME KID STAY WITH ME" The doctor shouted, pumping his chest again.

Chase bloodshot eyes that complimented his beautiful eye color, opened widely. He started gasping for air loudly in the oxygen mask. His heart meter went up again. He had another chance at life.

-

Cynthia and Anthony were at the beach. She felt good being with him. The young girl felt so happy when she was around him. She loved spending time with him. She truly was head over heels in love with the boy. Anthony always took her on these little dates on Saturdays. They decided they wanted to go to beach in the middle afternoon. To be spontaneous.