➵ XLII. Starting Redemption

Sorry if it takes a while for me to update, I'm running on spontaneous ideas now. What happens in this chapter wasn't planned out beforehand. I'm thinking of ending it the next chapter or the one after that, then writing the prologue. Either way, the story is coming to an end.
I'm trying to remember everything that needs wrapping up, so if you readers could comment any details I'm might forget to conclude, I'd be grateful.

Wednesday, February 21st, 2018, 7:00am

Rei's POV

Waking up with Asher beside me, his arms around my body, is a feeling I've missed for so long.

I smile softly, remembering what happened last night.

We mated. Took the final step in completing our bond.

Maybe it's a surprise for some, seeing what Thatcher did, but Asher was fine with it because 1) he was in control, and 2) it was with me, his mate and wasn't just meaningless.

And, if you remember what happened last chapter, I'm not really on my period. Clove and I just told that to Killian and Zaine to get them to go away for a while so we could have some silence, away from their hyperactive selves.

I hear Asher yawn, so I turn around to face him, kissing his cheek softly. He smiles sleepily, holding my body closer to his.

"Happy birthday, Asher," I whisper softly.

He smiles lazily and hums in response, pulling the blankets up to cover his nose, eyes opening for a second to meet mine before falling shut again.

"Sleepy," he mumbles, moving his head to rest in the crook of my neck.

I smile at his actions, running my fingers through his hair gently. "Come on, we need to get soon."

"That feels nice." His voice a little deeper, slightly more raspy and not as tired sounding, telling me Jayden has taken over. He yawns, murmuring, "Asher wants to sleep longer; he never got much sleep the past few weeks. He told me I can take control for now."

I nod, kissing his cheek again as Jayden pulls his head away from my neck. Jayden smiles, kissing my nose in return.

I roll towards the edge of the bed, swinging my legs over and standing up without actually sitting up on the bed. I hear Jayden laugh quietly, making me send him a playful glare.

"Ah, no," I say, walking into the closet when I catch him staring at my naked body. "No, bad wolf, not now."

I hear Jayden whine before he walks in with me. I get dressed quickly to avoid his eyes, knowing if he keeps staring, we won't be leaving the room for a while.

We both brush our teeth and I brush my hair before heading downstairs.

I can hear Zaine singing something along the lines of "I'm awesome, take caution, watch out for me I'm awesome as I wanna be." Rhea is watching My Little Pony Equestria Girls: Rainbow Rocks on the TV, so whatever Zaine's singing is likely from that.

As Jayden and I head into the kitchen, Dean pauses, looking up from his cereal and sniffing the air before he squeals, turning to look at us, "oh my goddess, you guys did it!"

Jayden grins and nods while I smile softly, "yeah, we mated."

"I'm not gonna get my butt kicked, right?" Jayden says, eyeing Killian, who shrugs.

"I wouldn't know who's butt to kick," he says. "I see you both as siblings. Or I can just beat you both."

"Where's Asher?" Scott asks.