.5.

Over the next few weeks, Neytiri and Tsu'tey really upped Jake and I's learning regimen. Between learning the Na'vi language, to weapon training, to hunting, to just spending time with the clan, it's amazing.

"Jake, I see you." I try to teach my elder brother who still doesn't really understand this one phrase. "I see you." He repeats, copying the hand motion I did from my forehead. I stare blankly at him. "You're not getting it, you skxanwng!" I insult, smacking his head. We were in our Avatar bodies sitting on one of the numerous branches in Hometree.

Normally, Neytiri would be dealing with this, but she got tired of him and needs a break. I don't blame her. "You too?! It's bad enough Neytiri calls me moron as well." He pouts as I sigh. "It's cause you are one. Now, it's not just I am seeing you literally, it means I acknowledge you, I respect you. Now, try again." I explain.

~~~

"You need to use the muscles in your back and stomach, not just your arms." Tsu'tey told me as I draw the string of the Na'vi bow. I try to do as he says, but it doesn't feel right.

He exhales deeply before moving behind me. He holds his hands overtop of mine as I am much too aware of his body right up to mine. He straightens my arms out before using one arm to pull my waist up, so my center of balance is corrected. As he's doing this, I feel our tails twisting together as I blush, noticing how good it feels. I quickly shake my head, trying to focus on Tsu'tey's words.

~~~

"What tracks are these?" Tsu'tey quizzes me as he takes me through the forest. We both kneel down to the mark imprinted in the wet mud from the recent rain as I study it. "Yerik?" I answer as he smiles and nods. "You are learning quick, little flower." He compliments me as I shove him a little, embarrassed.

~~~

"Mother, I have a request." I state to Mo'at as she stands next to the Olo'eyktan. "What is it?" She questions, interested. "I ask that you allow Grace Augustine back into the clan. She has missed the children dearly, and it is killing her inside." I plead as the Tsahik gazes into my eyes.

She glances at the Olo'eyktan who doesn't seem very pleased with the idea before looking back at me. "As long as you are sure, child, she is welcome back here." She decides as I grin and hug her. "Thank you, Mother." I reply to the woman who has treated me as a son ever since I've been here.

~~~

"Uh, uh, uh. You're eating, you two." Grace pulls us back from going inside the link units as she sits us down at a little table in the bunker, a bag of food waiting for us. "Bon appetit." She says as she continues to smoke her cigarette.

I sigh before smiling up at her. "Thank you, Grace." I tell her sincerely as she smiles at me and pats my shoulder. "No problem, kid." She replies, reminding me of a big sister.

~~~

I pull the draw string of the bow with confidence, feeling the tension in the muscles in my back as well as my arms. I breathe lightly as I concentrate, focusing on keeping the string tight.

Tsu'tey walks forward, prepared to help me but notices how I am doing. He cups my face in one of his huge hands as I slowly let the bow relax, now gazing up at him. "You... are an excellent learner, Zen." He says to me in English as I stare a little wide-eyed, repeating in my head what he just said. He called me Zen! Not that I don't like his nickname for me, but this shows that he does fully respect me.