Chapter 4

I dried myself with the towel Kevin's mom had given me. She said to call her Mary. Damn, I forgot I don't have any clothes. Before I do anything drastic, I decided it should look at myself in the mirror; after all, I am in Kevin's house, with his family.

At this point, I realize how absolutely disgusting I look.  My long brown hair was all over the place and my heart-shaped face was all red, probably from crying. Everything around my brown eyes was red. What a first impression I was making.

Oh yeah, the clothes. I wrapped the towel around my body. "Is anyone in the room?" I yelled out to no one in particular. No answer. Guess there's no one there. I open the door slowly, just in case. Everything's silent. I guess they're all in the living room. I was looking around when Kevin pops out of nowhere and scares me shitless. He grabbed me in a hug-like way.

"Jay was your boyfriend?" he asked me while I was trying to pull away, trying hard not to think about how much I enjoyed being in his arms.

"No he isn't, does it matter to you anyway? Let me go."

"How can I be sure he wasn't your boyfriend?" God, he's so jealous all of the time.

"He was gay. He only told me, and well, I love him like a brother." I replied, still trying not to get caught up in his games.  It bothered me that he referred to him in past-tense.  I was only speculating that he was dead.  It seemed likely, but I wanted to keep some hope for his safe return.

"Huh" was the last thing he said before he let me go. He just sat there, thinking. If only he knew how my life has been. That douche bag. I guess I fall for douche bags. Cute, hot, awesome douche bags.

"Aren't you gonna get dressed?"

"Oh, uh yeah, that's why I was here."

He looked through some drawers, and he threw me one of his shirts and one of his sisters pants. Naturally, I missed and the clothes fell on the floor.

"Haven't improved your catching I see. Tisk tisk tisk." He told me.

I shoved him a little, smiled, and said "Shut up".