Chapter 2

Chapter 2

The police came quickly, I guess. They wanted to hear the whole story, starting from when I got to the park with Jay.

"Okay well, we just finished watching a movie and he told me he didn't want to go home yet. He told me he wanted to go the park. I went with him because I secretly didn't want to go home either. We were there for about 30 minutes before two guys showed up, they were both wearing black. It was dark, I can't remember their faces, but they were both white. They came up to Jay and me, and they started asking us questions. They asked us if we were together, Jay said we were. Then they left. Jay told me to be prepared for the worst, that those guys were bad news. He told me they were going to come back. He said 'those guys are gonna come back, they're gonna come back and hurt you. I'll make sure you get out safe.' That's when I became frantic.  I asked him what about him, how did he know, shouldn't we call the police. He said not to worry." At that point I started to cry hysterically. The police guys were jotting down my story, and everyone else was just staring at me.

"Go on" said one of the policemen.

I took a deep breath and continued "Jay was right, they did come back, they did want something from me, I just don't know what it was. Jay gave me his phone, he told me to run. I asked him 'now?' he said 'yes, now'. At that point I started running, but I tripped. The guy that came after me had a knife. I don't think he did it intentionally, but he cut my arms when he was trying to pull me up. He had me. I was sure that I was going to die. Then I heard a scream. It wasn't Jay, and by the way the guy that had me reacted, it was probably the other guy. The guy let me go; he went to check out his friend. The last thing I remember is looking back, seeing Jay, on the ground, with his leg bleeding like crazy, and him telling me to run, to keep running, to go somewhere for the night. He said 'don't go to your house'. I ran, I was out of the park when I heard a scream, this time the scream I knew came from Jay." I started crying again. Kevin gave me a blanket, and put his arm on my back. Was it him the last time too? His mom gave me some hot chocolate.