I turned into the parking lot of the supermarket and continued straight into the shops, walking to the dairy products section of the store.

I stood in front of the freezer full of milk cartons, varieties of yoghurts and ice cream among other products. The cold air from the freezer blew against my face making me shiver, I was grateful I had worn a sweater.

I sifted through the cartons, looking at the best before date before purchasing any. I picked one and made my way to the till, ready to go back to my room and stare at the walls.

I strolled through the different aisles and gazed at each shelves contents, mentally ticking off which items I had and which I needed. The store wasn't crowded, thankfully, however there were several people standing in the queue.

One of which I recognized.

"Hey Riley!" an overly chirpy voice exclaimed as I made my way over to the till, my lips turned down in a permanent frown.

"Hey Scott," I said meekly, mustering up a small smile.

Scott didn't seem to notice my reluctance to talk and stepped back to allow the two people standing in between him and I to go in front of him, as to keep the queue moving.

As soon as he was standing in front of me, his face glowing with a bright smile, he enveloped me into his arms. I stiffened in his embrace, not quite expecting it. The smell of coffee invaded my senses as I slowly and awkwardly wrapped my arms around him.

Scott pulled away, a twinkle in his blue eyes. His golden blonde hair was gelled up into spikes, making his facial features seem more boyish than usual.

"So, how have you been? I feel like I haven't seen you in years," he friendly said, his eyes scanning my face.

I shrugged my shoulders, realising I really haven't seen Scott since the whole drama with Brandon struck.

"I've been good. What about you?" I asked, not wanting to be rude and brush him off.

He flashed me another smile, two rows of perfectly straight white teeth gleamed back at me.

"I've been good," Scott's smile faltered as he stepped up, now next in line to pay.

"Uh," he stuttered, turning around to face me again, avoiding my eyes. "How's Ryder?" he muttered lowly, I almost didn't catch it.

My breathing hitched as his name sent a sharp stab to my chest. I lifted my hand that wasn't clenching the milk carton and held it over the place where my heart was beating rapidly against my chest.

"He's okay," I added lowly, "I hope."

Scott scratched the back of his head, his eyes filling with confusion.

"Aren't you two dating?" he asked, his cheeks turning rosy as he fumbled for his cash at the till.

The cashier gave him a bored look as he apologised and paid for the few items in his hands. The cashier placed them in a plastic bag and signalled for me to come.

I paid the cashier the correct amount of money for the carton of milk and shook my head when she asked if I wanted a plastic bag.