Part 1

“Oh damn it! Shit, shit, shit!” Zayn Malik jumped out of bed, realising that both him and his husband had completely overslept.

“Lou! Get up! It's seven thirty!” he nudged his husband's foot and pulled the duvet away from his sleeping body while trying to shimmy into his jeans as fast as possible. Zayn then looked down at his body and cursed before he got out of his trousers once more to hurry to the bathroom. The previous night had been a bit of a mess, to put it nicely, so the thought of going to work without showering really wasn't all that appealing.

“Oh no!” the older man groaned and rolled out of bed, only to land on the carpeted floor on his knees, completely naked.

Both men had to be out of the house by eight, meaning that there would now be no time for breakfast or long showers.

“Zayn, I need the shower, too! Don't lock the door!” Louis yelled after the younger man and got up from the floor to get in the shower.

As they both scrubbed their bodies clean, the adrenaline rush seemed to die down, as they both began to relax a little under the warm stream of water.

“We could...you know...continue.” the brown haired man scooted closer to his husband but was unfortunately not successful.

“Ugh, babe, I would want nothing more than that, but I really, really, really have to get to work before I lose my client.” the water was shut and both males grabbed a towel each.

“Alright, fine.” Louis sighed, his lower half already wrapped in a towel.

“But don't forget what we said last night.”

“I won't, don't worry. I'll be home on time.” A glance at the clock told Louis to get going if he wanted to be at work on time, him being with child services meant that punctuality was a big factor included in his work.

“Oh no, no no. Where is my shirt? Zee, have you see my shirt? Oh God, Linda is going to kill me if I am late. I was late last week. Granted, it was because of a tailback, not that she cared. What if there's a tailback today, though, what should I-” he was starting to fumble with the knobs of the wardrobe, unable to think calmly about the whereabouts of his white shirt that he needed for work. Warm arms wrapped around his waist from behind as Zayn rested his head on Louis shoulder, immediately calming the older man down.

“Calm down, babe. It's right over there. Here, take your ball.” Zayn placed a small ping pong ball in Louis' hand, for the item always helped Louis to calm his nerves when he was nervous or upset by keeping his hands occupied.

“Thanks.” he sighed and took another deep breath before walking over to the clothes basket to retrieve his freshly ironed white shirt, rolling the ball in his right palm all the while. Zayn continued dressing himself and glancing over at his husband occasionally. Louis had always tended to be a bit nervous when things didn't go as planned, being the happy soul he was, it was simply a character trait of his. And so far, it had never been a real problem, it was just that he got worked up easily and Zayn, being the more relaxed and calm of the two, always did his best to prevent any outbursts from happening. He decided to wash the bed sheets later and quickly got dressed, styled his hair a bit and brushed his teeth. Without grabbing a bite for breakfast he kissed his husband who was sitting on the bed and tying his shoes on the cheek before practically sprinting out of the house, as it was now three minutes to eight.

“Bye, babe. See you tonight!” Louis said as he grabbed his wallet and stuffed it in his shoulder bag, Zayn already out of the room.

“Be safe, love you!” Zayn yelled back and seconds later the door was shut.