TWENTY THREE - part I

Thank you all for 3.000 reads!!

STEVE'S POV

I carried two large bags filled with necessary equipment from the van inside the house and put them on the table in the middle of spacious living area.
"Wow Joe. Who is your friend exactly?" I looked towards my old friend.
"Let's just say he has great taste in houses," Joe winked.
"Wow," escaped my mouth again.
"You said that already son."
"I mean, wow."

"I could live here," Hendeson came in with another bags. He put them next to mine, walked to me and almost whispered, "How is it that Joe always knows the right people?"
"Don't know," I smiled at him, "but we know Joe," I winked, "Let's get this sorted," I said and opened the first bag.

I was setting up our computers on the large wooden table in the middle of the room when I heard familiar voice.
"Well well isn't this the 'magnificent four' back together."
I turned around and saw her greeting Henderson.
"Catherine," I walked over and greeted my ex with quick hug.
"Good to see you Steve," she hugged me back, "how have you been?"
"Good. You?"
"I'm good."

"Joe how are you?" she hugged the old man.
"Thanks for coming Cath. Hooks good to see you too," Joe welcomed our last missing team member.

"How was your flight?" Cherry hugged both of them.
"Was no first but we made it," Hooks returned Cherry's friendly hug.
"Cherry looked at Catherine, "Rollins, you look amazing."
"Thanks Cherry," Catherine smiled.

"Hooker how are you," I welcomed my navy buddy.
"Smoothdog what's up."
"I heard you joined the agency," I said.
"You heard right," Hooks smiled at me.
"All's good?"
"Better than good when you get teamed up with her," Hooks pointed towards Catherine. "I've heard you guys are over, I'm sorry Steve!"
"Thanks."

"Let's go guys we don't know how much time we've got," Joe called us all to the table.
"Catherine, I want you and Hooks to look again into the aviation company which was supposed to fly Scott to Johannesburg. See if you can find out more when you're here on the ground.

Pushman and Cherry, you two go to local police station, see if anyone filed missing persons form. You might need this," Joe reached to his bag and threw roll of tightly wrapped 100$ bills at Henderson, "this will help them talk."

"What about you Joe?" Catherine asked.
"Me and Steve will go talk to Palladin. I wanna know what they have to say," Joe looked at me and I confirmed him with a nod, "Let's all meet back here whwh we're done."

"What do you think is this about Joe?" I asked as we got to the car.
"Best case I'm wrong and Scott forgot about our meet and is somewhere on the beach having great time," Joe smiled and turned the car left on the empty crossroad.
"And in the worst case?" I asked. Sun was shining high in the sky and I had to smirk to see.
"In the worst case Scott found out something he wasn't supposed to and it cost him his life."
"I hope he's having time of his life then," I looked out of the car window.
"Me too son. Me too."

"How can I help you?" White woman in her early 30s with well manicured long nails asked us from behind her desk as we entered Palladin's office.
"We'd like to purchase some diamonds," Joe smiled.
"We are here for you. Please come with me gentlemen," she stood up from her chair and led us to the meeting room in the corner. "Make yourself comfortable, my boss will be here soon," she smiled at us and closed the door behind her.

"Welcome gentlemen, my name is Henry Peters," tall, strong looking man in his 40s appeared soon in the room.
"Hi. My name is Joe Smith. This is my colleague Steve Jones," Joe intoduced us as we shook Peters' hand.
"Please sit down. What can I do for you?" Peters smiled at us.
"As I mentioned to your secretary, Joe began, "We'd like to purchse some diamonds."
"For what cause?" Peters asked.
"We own few jewelry shops back in States and would like to find good priced goods here for our business. We will visit different companies in South Africa but my friend, Scott Rigsby, recommend you."