Chapter 3

Diamond

The drive to the girls' house was okay, seeing that most people are already at work. As I walked in, I almost tripped over a box.

"Why would you just leave a random box in the middle of the hallway?!" I yelled going further into the house.

"Man just start packing and stop complaining bitch!" Nova yelled back.

"Ight I'm leaving..." I replied turning towards the front door.

"STOP! Come Come" she magically appeared and waved me over.

"You know we love you right?" She swung her arm around my neck, pulling me away from my freedom.

"Cut the shit Linda... where's my food??"

"Nope help first" I sucked my teeth, then grabbed the box that was in the way.

It took an hour and a half to finish, mainly because these bitches had the weirdest and most unnecessary shit in their house.

They'll have to wait for the movers to come get the heavy stuff. We left and went to a nearby fast food place, I deserved a lot for straining my back.

After my feast fest, I went home. This is the last time I'm going to see my girls in a long ass time, we were literally diaper besties. Now we're separating...

>>><<<

A week. Literally a week, I've been home bored and hoping that Mr. T would call, and he finally did.

Mr. T: Hello Ms. Kerr, I have good news. Great news actually.

Me:
Really? Do you need me to come in?

Mr. T: Yes, I do. He's here waiting.

Me:
Okay I'm on my way.

With that we hung up. If I was that nervous last week to meet my manager, imagine how I feel meeting my potential client.

I got ready and dressed in a peach body con dress with long sleeves. I was arguing with myself because it was showing too much ass, but then again all I wear are tight dresses. Fuck it, I was wasting time.

I grabbed my purse, keys and phone, putting them in a shiny black handbag. I got in my car and went to the office.

Upon arrival, Wyatt was standing right at his desk smiling. "What?" I asked going up to him.

"I'm so proud of you~" he cooed at me, sounding like my mom.

"I don't want to play the guessing game, what happened?"

"Your client duh... A lot of people wanted to work with him, but weren't qualified." He shrugged then grabbed my wrist, taking me to Mr. T's office.

"Is there anything I should know about him?" I asked looking down at our hands confused.

"Uh... he might be a little... narcissist."

"A little? It's either he is or not" I chuckled.

"You'll find out for yourself. Good luck" he patted my back.

I knocked on the office door, and I heard Mr. T say, "Ah, she's here" and then the big wooden door opened up.

Going in, my eyes caught a very handsome man sitting on the couch to the left of the room, on his phone. He was wearing a white dress shirt, black slacks and black Oxford Loafers, with his hair slicked back.

He didn't look up not even for a millisecond.

"CEO Kwon, she's here" Mr.T attempted to get his attention.

"I know, but I'm doing something" CEO Kwon replied, then laughed at something on his phone.

Is this a fucking joke?

After a fat minute, my patience was going down, when suddenly he spoke up. "Okay, I'm done, where were we?" He looked at me, staring into my soul.

"Ms. Kerr, this is Minsik Kwon" Mr. T pointed at him, introducing us. "Sir, this is Ms. Diamond Kerr, the exceptional translator we have for you..." He was staring at me, and I felt a little uncomfortable.

"Can you speak Korean?" Minsik asked me with a raised eyebrow, and I nodded my head. "Can you say 'I like cheese'?" I looked at him, like he was dumb.

"Ne~" I said sarcastically, "Jeoneun chijuleul johahaeyo" I felt so stupid and I knew he was enjoying this.

"UhKay, I am willing to work with you..." He said with a childish grin on his face.

"Really?"

"Yes, but on one condition..." he shrugged.

Condition? This isn't how it works.

"And what is that?" I looked around and realized that Mr.T stepped out.

"You have to come back to South Korea with me." Bitch you say what now??

"How am I supposed to just leave everything to go the Seoul?"

"Well, the choice is yours, just know that I leave the country in 2 hours."

This was like choosing between ordering UberEats (wanting to eat something different from my norm), or cooking my own food (not wanting to waste my damn money).

"How am I going to get my stuff ready in 2 hours?" I had to make my decision now, he looked like he would pay a lot, and I didn't have daily mental breakdowns in college to settle for less.

"I'll just get my guard and assistant to get them" he shrugged yet again, like it was that easy. And I thought Wyatt said he was self-centered. "Oh, one more thing. Can you tell me how my shoulders look in this shirt?." he said tugging at his collar.

I spoke too fucking soon.