Chapter Fourteen: Intoxicated

Start from the beginning

"Okay, that's it." Smiles faded from their faces when eunbi suddenly spoke up. Everyone looked at her, anticipating what she's about to say next.

"I'm feeling really small right now. You see, it seems like you're the perfect fit for wooseok after all. I'll get going now." Eunbi stood up, making wooseok and yuri stand up as well. She faced wooseok with teary eyes and shaky hands, as she's about to bid him goodbye.

"I can't promise that I'll be happy, but I can promise that I will not trouble both of you." A teardrop escaped eunbi's eyes which made wooseok and yuri's heart heavy. They know that this is gonna happen, they are aware that sooner or later, they are going to hurt someone and it's happening right now.

"Soon, I'll be able to accept things. Yuri, he chose you. Please make him happy. Take care of him and your child."

Eunbi left the house immediately while wooseok and yuri were left dumbfounded. They are lost for words and can't completely celebrate the good news knowing that they hurt someone. Wooseok just held yuri's hand as if assuring her that everything will be fine sooner.

"I guess that's it then? We just went here to clear things out wooseok and we need to leave immediately. I suggest you both check the news since I already informed the press about the merge failure. The next move is up to the two of you." Wooseok's mom, briefly stated as she gathers her stuff once again.

"Fine. What do I even expect? Go ahead, I'm gonna have to spend time with yuri." 

"Both of you know that the general public will talk about this right? And not all people will be on your side and you should take that into consideration especially that the Choi and the Kims are not just a company but a company group major stockholder. Both of you are big deals in this sector so you better be responsible for your actions."

Wooseok's dad never failed to open their eyes into their responsibility and both just nodded. He is right afterall. They were born to be on the limelight of South Korea's business industry although both don't want the spotlight at all. Well, yuri never told anyone about her family background and wooseok as well is doing his best to stay out of it. That's enough of an explanation.

"Some business personalities might get pressed over this possible merge and don't be surprised about that." Wooseok's dad reminded them before leaving the house. 

In no time, the two of them are left again, alone with just the presence of each other.

"Hold up, I'm gonna check the news." Yuri took out her phone as she started browsing on the local internet. Not gonna lie, it was filled with article headlines about the merge failure with the Kwon's and the possible linkage of The Kims and The Chois although it was not clearly stated that Yuri is pregnant and all.

 Not gonna lie, it was filled with article headlines about the merge failure with the Kwon's and the possible linkage of The Kims and The Chois although it was not clearly stated that Yuri is pregnant and all