Chapter 1

She walked swiftly through the crowded hallway, nimbly dodging strings of students.

"Hannah!" Someone called to her right.

She stepped aside, not wanting to be run over, and looked for whoever called her name. It was Arlene, a friendly girl who Hannah was very fond of.

Hannah waved Arlene over. Once she was at arm length, Hannah grabbed her and dragged her to their next period: History.

"Come on," Hannah giggled.

"Let go," Arlene giggled back.

Hannah did once they were in front of their class. Before they quickly found their seats, Arlene promised to meet Hannah in the cafeteria at lunch.

The bell sounded.

"Alright, class," the teacher, Mrs. Misaki, walked into the room.

The class instantly quieted. Nobody liked to cross Mrs. Misaki; she could either be the nicest or meanest teacher in a split second.

Mrs. Misaki began to write on the board. "Today," she said in a loud voice, "we will be beginning our 'Around the World' projects." She paused to turn around. "You will need partners,"

Heads turned, nods and smiles were exchanged, and thumbs ups were sent.

"who I've already chosen for you," Mrs. Misaki finished, raising a perfect eyebrow.

Arlene frowned and gave Hannah a puppy face. Hannah sent one back.

"Oh, stop your groaning. Here are your partners," Mrs. Misaki rolled her eyes, slightly smiling.

She began to read down a list of names. "Richard and Wilma. Mei and Holly. Arlene and Kris."

Arlene's eyes widened. Hannah shot her a fake and playful envious look and then smile at her. Arlene just scored the captain of the basketball team as a partner. Oh yeah, and he was tall and HOT.

Mrs. Misaki continued reading, "Devon and Fatima. Hannah and Sehun."

Hannah's head whipped in Mrs. Misaki's direction.

"Oh no," she thought, "there must be a SEVERE mistake."

She heard a snicker from the other side of the classroom. She knew who it was from: the school's bad boy, Oh Sehun. Sehun couldn't go a week without being sent to the office at least 5000 times. As far as Hannah knew, he probably didn't know how to freaking read.

Hannah gave Sehun a dirty scowl. Sehun just smirked.

Mrs. Misaki then asked the class to open their textbooks to page 365 and began explaining their project.

"You and your partner will have to create an eye catching and informational poster about anywhere around the world, hence the title of the project," she explained, "but, you must be creative, so just a poster won't be enough. You have 2 weeks to complete the assignment. Work well. Now we will read the passage."

She instructed the class to take notes and began to read.

Not long after, Hannah felt someone tap her elbow. She turned her head and saw Elsie's extended hand. She was holding a folded up piece of binder paper. Hannah took the paper and opened it up.

Inside it read: "Hey partner. How long is it going to take you to finish the project? -Sehun"

Hannah scowled at the note and balled it into her fist. She shoved it into her coat pocket.

The period finally ended. Hannah stood up and packed her stuff, then she walked to her teacher's desk. Arlene was already there.

"But Mrs. Misaki," Arlene was arguing, "you CAN'T make them partners. Hannah will-"