Chapter 15 ~ Those Who Wait

* IN CHRISTOPHER'S POINT OF VIEW *

My eyes widened and I slapped my hand on my face. I stopped myself from banging my head on the nearby wall. Maybe I should've given her more time, I knew she would react like this. But I didn't think she would run away - okay maybe I did...

I had to at least commend myself for saying it - she will end up knowing sooner or later. But I've blown my chances, the look of terror on her face confirmed that. I had just told her what I loved about her eyes but in that moment they were a stranger to me. I looked over the balcony, surprised to see her running form but realised that she was running out. There were so many ways to escape the castle grounds. 

Crazy ideas of what she might possibly do ran through my mind. I never know what she was thinking, but she wouldn't do anything rash, now would she?

I should have given her a day, showed something more than just 'like' through my actions, so it wouldn't be such a surprise. She had just grasped that I liked her and I'm stupid enough to give her something else to deal with.

I moved away from the balcony, jogging half way down the corridor until I found a guard. "Hey, I need you to locate Arianna for me."

With a stoic expression, he replied. "She just ran that way your highness." He pointed to the left, down the empty corridor.

"I need you and some guards to locate her, I need to make sure she isn't doing anything... reckless..." I trailed.

The guard gave me an anxious look and nodded. He scurried away as another guard came in my direction. "Prince Christopher," he greeted. He gave a quick bow. "Your father, the King would like to see you."

I groaned. He was probably watching us through the CCTV cameras. I hope he put it on mute. "Where is he?" I asked.

"The throne room." I nodded as a thanks and made my way, feeling more crummy with each step.

I shouldn't have told her. She's not ready for this and I knew that. I just got her back and what did I do? I screwed up again! Maybe I can apologise... apologise for my feelings? That's stupid, I might as well apologise for existing.

I took a shortcut through the laundry room, a few maids flashed a flirty grin and stopped their chatter. I left as soon as I came in. I jogged up the stairs and faced the grand door that enclosed the throne room. Two guards opened it. It was empty besides two figures. My Dad leisurely sitting in his throne and Edward, Arianna's Dad standing next to him.

I was curious to know if he had a good few choice of words for me, I am kind of ruining his daughter's life.

I kept my gaze on the strip of blue carpet and stopped when my eyes were level with his feet. "What did you do Christopher?" He asked, his voice echoed throughout the room.

"What do you mean?" I asked dumbly.

"Look up Christopher." I reluctantly met his gaze. "Why did Arianna run away?"

"How did you know she ran away?"

"There's not much that happens in the castle that I don't know about."

"You were looking through the cameras weren't you?" I said, trying to lighten everything up. I smiled crookedly but it didn't change the mood of the room.

I noticed that Edward was a lot more calm, less concerned than my Dad was at Arianna's departure.

"I promise you the mute was on," Edward piped in. My crooked smile widened, but then I frowned because it made our moment a lot less private then I would have liked.