Chapter 10 ~ Water, Swords and Talcum Powder

I woke up at 9, which is a lot later than I usually woke up. So when my eyes fluttered open I felt insanely lazy and I would've liked to sleep for one thousand years. But the sensible part of me commanded my body up, it didn't help that the sun peering through the curtains splintered my eyes. I navigated around the room completely blind and ambled into my ensuite.

Slowly, I became human. I brushed my teeth, washed my face and stripped so I could shower. I was a bit weird, I didn't like hot showers, even in the winter. I prefer lukewarm water, that way I'm less vulnerable to third degree burns. Throughout my whole shower, I cursed Simone and her supposed disturbed body clock. I didn't have to go to sleep so late.

I quickly finished my shower, grabbed a towel and dabbed my hair before drying my body. I applied cream to my body so it was nice and soft and then I placed on my undergarments and my dressing gown. I brushed my hair and picked up my hair dryer, plugged it in and turned it on. I suppose I shouldn't have aimed it to my face because I was attacked by some sort of substance. I coughed. I looked at my face in the mirror and I was painted white. Talcum powder sat on my face, I blinked a couple of times thinking of who would do such a thing.

My face quirked in annoyance. I shrieked to release my frustrations and turned towards the bathroom. Before I could even take a step, I heard footsteps. I looked over my right shoulder and saw nothing then I looked over my left figuring it was my mind playing tricks on me. But I saw a scream mask. A wave of fear rushed through me and a chill ran up my spine. I screamed and ran out my room.

I didn't get very far. Some genius person hung cling film in the middle of nowhere so my face ran straight into it and I fell on my back. I groaned when I hit the ground. Venom fell from my lips as I cursed belligerently. I shot up, careful not to hit the cling film again. I was on a hunt and I was going to slaughter whoever did this.

I ran down the corridor to Christopher's room, I barged in and it was empty. I growled. I felt even more merciless as the seconds passed, someone was going to definitely die today. I ran down stairs that were in the west wing and coincidentally I ran into two princesses who were identical to me.

Along with the talcum powder both had murderous expressions on their faces. "They are going to die," Simone vowed as we assembled under the spiral of the stairs. Juliet was going to say something but words were stolen from her mouth, mountains of icy water fell from above and defeated the purpose of my shower.

I shivered. A string of cries escaped us maidens and gratified laughter came from the Princes above us. Our heads shot upwards and we ran up the steps. The Princes started to scurry away but they probably knew they weren't going to get very far. Simone clutched her sinister twin brothers by the ear, Juliet literally had Brendon in a head lock (despite their opposing heights) and I legged it after Christopher. Like a mad woman, I jumped onto his back causing us to topple over. I was straddling him. but I ignored that fact, I held up my fist ready to give his pleading face the right hook but I was interrupted.

Someone coughed loudly and for some reason it shook me. I turned my head and faced the Royal women. That was Juliet's Mom and Simone's and they were astonished. I suppose the entire scene must've been animated for them, completely ludicrous. But that didn't make me any less angry, so I kept my mouth shut.

"What's... going on?" Queen Sophie asked. I didn't say anything, Juliet came with Brendon still in her grasp. "All four Princes have pulled a prank on us. This included tampering with our hairdryers so when we used then talcum powder would go onto our faces, then they crept into our rooms which the scream masks. That petrified us." I felt Christopher chuckle under me. "Then when we ran out of our rooms, cling film was in the air so we ran into it. It was extremely dangerous because we fell down and that could have been nasty. Then we ended up by the west wing staircase and they spilt ice cold water on us!" She was raging was unlike her, but I could totally empathise. The Queens laughed - they actually laughed - at us.