Chapter 15- Confession Time

Mulai dari awal

"No, no, no, no. Not cool Janna. He's driving me nuts!" Star said.

"I'm right here, you know." Glossaryk said inside her head.

"Good. You need to heart the truth for once!" Star exclaimed in frustration as she looked up at her forehead.

"Uhhh...who are you-" Tom started before Star gave him an annoyed stare, pointing at her head. "Got it." He responded. "So why did you hide your hearts exactly?"

"I don't know...I guess I just didn't want everyone freaking out. I mean, we just tried to destroy the magic so we could keep the idiots out there from using it. I feel like if I told anyone that magic might still exist...it would create a frenzy...not to mention that I don't want to put you all in danger again." Star explained.

"Again?" Janna asked.

"...back on Mewni...when everyone got hurt from the Solarian warriors...I felt awful. I just assumed that...it was all my fault and I just don't want to see that happen all over again." Star wondered if them knowing about this would put them at risk of getting harmed. "Seriously guys, if something happens to you from finding this out-"

"Star, you shouldn't have to hide anything from us, even if it means putting us in danger. We want to help you no matter what the case." Tom told her.

"He's right, you know. So what if we get hurt? If it means keeping the people we care about safe, it's worth it." Janna told her. Star looked down at the ground, feeling bad that they would want to get hurt...just for her safety.

"...but...why does it feel selfish to want help...knowing that something could happen to you?" Star asked.

"Well, it's not, Star. That's what friends do. They back each other up, no matter what the circumstances are. Besides, we would have found out sooner or later anyway." Tom told her. Star let out a sigh.

"Well...okay." Star said. "I guess you're right...I mean, I would do the same for you guys so-" Star said.

"See, there you go." Janna told her.

"Now all I have to worry about is what's going through my mom's mind right now." Star groaned. "She's probably going to want to lock me up and keep me hidden forever in a dark room...eating nothing but cornbread and drinking only water-" Star said.

"Uh...Star? You're making it sound like you're being held prisoner." Tom said.

"Well, it'll definitely feel like a prison if my mom keeps me locked up!" Star said. None of them knew what to say. Who knew how Moon was feeling about this. They had no comment on it. They were quiet for quite a bit of time. Tom cleared his throat.

"So...nice...weather we're uh...having?" Tom said. Star scowled at him.

"Really Tom?" Star hissed.

"Oh, come on! Isn't that like, the question to ask when there's nothing to talk about?!" Tom exclaimed.

"Dude, the weather is what got Star and Marco in this mess in the first place." Janna reminded him.

"Yeah, Tom. Did that even cross your mind?" Star asked him, a little irritated.

"Well....NO!" Tom exclaimed, unleashing a bit of anger before crossing his arms and letting out a 'harrumph'. They all grew silent again. This conversation was getting more awkward by the second.

"So...why do you think Marco was brought back into the temple to talk, huh?" Janna asked. Star hugged her legs, feeling uneasy. She let out a sigh

"I don't know." Star spoke.