I felt empty. I felt stupid. I felt like a fool. I felt selfish. I felt horrible. I also felt like fucking someone up. I felt like wrapping my hands around someone's throat and not letting go. I felt like going through the list baby-faced-rookie-cop was making and ticking everyone off one by one myself.

What was I suppose to do without her? I would walk into work tomorrow and she wouldn't be waiting to ride the elevator with me. She wouldn't be there wearing one of those short skirts that showed off her legs like she knows I like. She wouldn't be there to roll her eyes at me and test my patience. She wouldn't be there to blush when I smirked at her after I insinuated something sexual.

She was gone, they had taken her. I let them take her. I got here too late.

I should've come up with her. Fuck, why didn't I come up with her?

I remembered the look in her eyes. She felt something was wrong and pleaded, but I still told her no. Fuck, and all because it was late?

I shuddered again.

"It's not your fault, Dominic," I heard someone say quietly.

I turned around and immediate was on my feet with my arms around the small figure.

"It's going to be okay, Dom. We'll find her," she said.

I rested my chin on the top of her head and hugged her shoulders. Her familiar scent bringing me the slightest bit of comfort.

"It's my fault, Katherine," I whispered, trying, but unsuccessfully, to stop the stinging in my eyes.

I wasn't a crier. Couldn't remember the last time I had. Maybe when I was a child? But seeing as Genevieve was taken right from my fucking hands... my fucking Sun, my Princess.

"It's not, Dominic," she tried to reassure me.

"It is though, Katherine. She wanted me to come up with her. God, she practically fücking begged me to come up with her and if I had..."

"They're saying it looks professionally done. Who knows, if you would've stayed the night, they could've come and," I felt her shudder, "It could've been a lot worse."

I backed away and stared in disbelief, "She was taken, Katherine! This is the worst it's ever going to be!"

She shook her head, "No, you could've come in to her laying on the floor with a bullet hole in her body, bleeding to death, but you didn't! You could've stayed the night and I would've woken to a report of you and her taken, maybe even you dead and her still taken. We will find her."

I turned around and stalked back over to the baby-faced-cop and spun him around, "Who's in charge?"

He pointed to an older man by the living room window.

I mumbled a 'thanks' and made my way over to the man.

"Are you in charge," I asked as he watched me walk up.

"I am. You must be Dominic Blackstone. It's unfortunate to meet you under such...devastating circumstances. I'm Lieutenant Barry Taylor."

I shook his hand, "Lieutenant Taylor, please tell me you've found something?"

He pressed his thin lips together and my heart sank for the third time tonight.

"I'm so sorry, Mr. Blackstone. Whoever took Genevieve knew what they were doing. We're pulling footage from the cameras in the hallway and elevator, but it looks like they knew how to get in and out without being seen or traced. I'm willing to bet there's not a single fingerprint in this apartment that doesn't belong to you or her."

And Katherine, and Preston.

"So, what do we do now," I was getting tired of hearing that they basically had nothing. I needed her now.

"You can't pull the footage from the camera at the back of the building? To see what car they stuffed her into?"

Did I need to hold his fucking hand and guide him through the steps of tracking someone down? How fucking incompetent must all of these people be?

"We're working on it, Mr. Blackstone. I assure you we are doing everything we can to bring Genevieve back home to you."

Home.

She was my home. I should've been here. Why wouldn't she just listen to me?

"She's so fucking..." I growled, "I told her to go back downstairs. She's so stubborn."

I should've been here. I should've come up with her!

He nodded his head, "There is a very big mentality of 'That'll never happen to me.' And it's dangerous to think that way, but a lot of women do. I'm so sorry."

I sighed and turned around and found the rookie cop again, "David Phillips," I stated and watched him nod and quickly pull out his notepad and pen.

I sat in the chair I had occupied previously for another hour before the lieutenant walked over to me and informed me that I should go home and get some rest and that he would call if they found anything.

I was grateful that Katherine had come by and stayed with me. I didn't even remember texting her, my mind must've been on autopilot.

I trudged down the hall and to the elevator and saw the walls lined with cops, just fucking chit-chatting like Genevieve hadn't been taken three fücking hours ago.

I was seething, what good were they if they weren't analyzing everything in her apartment for any sign of any-fucking-thing.

As we walked to the door of the building Katherine grabbed my keys from my hand, "I'm driving. You're in no condition to get behind the wheel."

I nodded my head and went around to the passenger side. I wanted time to think freely anyway.

Who would do this? Who would want to do this?

Preston?
Jasmine?
Jeremy? But that one's a stretch.

Who else? Who didn't like her? Not a lot of people. It was hard to be around her and not fall for her charm.

I rested my elbows on my knees and put my head in my hands and dug my nails into my scalp. I tried to think of where each individual person would take her, what they would do to her. I felt nauseous at the thought.

She must've been terrified.

I suddenly felt a smile form at the edges of my lips at the thought of her punching one of them in the face like she had done to Jasmine.

She was a little firecracker and wouldn't go gently. That much was true from the look of her apartment.

I felt the lump in my throat and tried my hardest to push it away.

"We're going to find her, Dom. I already called Elijah and Nathaniel and they'll be flying in tomorrow," she rubbed her hand over my back.

"You called them," I asked as I turned my head.

She nodded, "I figured the more there are of us, the better chance we have at finding her."

I stared into her eyes. Even though she worked for Preston, we were still close. She was my baby sister and I loved her, but we were too much alike to be in the same city together for more than a weekend and she knew that so her being here... I was grateful.

"Thank you, Katherine," I whispered.

"It's no problem, Dominic," she smiled as she headed to my house.