Part 54

*Flashback to Dominic's POV at the charity event!*

I hated how I left things with Genevieve and knew that if I didn't make it up to her, it would leave room for my brother to move in and take my place.

So, I went to the bar and slammed back a few vodka shots before staking out around the bathroom to wait for her. 

I needed to apologize and make up for what I said and I wanted to do it the only way I knew how.

When she walked out I immediately grabbed her arm and pulled her into a dimly lit hallway, I knew wasn't being used, and pushed her up against the wall. 

I crashed my lips to hers and sighed in relief. She had a way of making everything better from just one touch.

She pulled away after a short moment and I looked into her eyes, "I'm sorry, Princess. I didn't mean what I said."

It was the truth. 

I didn't want to hurt her. I was just so pissed and furious that I had allowed her to even walk out on that stage. I should've said 'to hell with this night' and brought food and wine to her apartment for a night in. I wanted nothing more than to be in the comfort of her embrace in her small and cozy bed.

I kissed her neck down to her collarbone and teased her with my teeth, "Forgive me?"

I was waiting for that smile that she usually gave me when she looked at me, but what I got was a push against my shoulders.

I was shocked as I looked at her, "Baby, I'm sorry. I said I didn't mean it and I didn't. I was just..."

"Jealous," she asked as she pressed her self against the wall. 

Why was she pushing so hard to get away from me? I knew what I said was harsh, but she could usually take whatever I threw at her and keep rolling. She was tough, and strong-willed, and stubborn and I loved it.

"We can't do this anymore, Dominic," she stated, but I didn't believe she meant it. 

I stepped closer until I planted my hands on either side of her head and leaned forward until I was in her face. I knew she loved me being in close proximity to her as it made it hard for her to think of anything other than me and that's what I wanted—her sole focus on me.

"You belong to me, Genevieve. Your body is wet for me, your heart beats for me, and your soul calls for me. You were made for me and you don't mean what you said." 

I knew her better than she probably knew herself. I knew what she needed when she needed it and she just needed to be reminded of that. 

We were good for each other and I wouldn't let her go—not now, not ever.

A few tears spilled from her beautiful blue eyes and then she started sobbing, "She's pregnant, Dominic."

It's like the words meant nothing to me. I didn't even register the significance of why she would be crying over someone being pregnant.

I swiped away the tears and lowered my voice to a more soothing tone, "Who's pregnant, Princess?"

The name that tumbled from her lips stopped my heart. 

I felt my world fall apart. 

I backed away from her because at that moment she was a wounded animal and it was my bullet that hit her. 

I couldn't breathe. 

This wasn't possible, there was just no way. I was always so careful, even with Genevieve, and I could actually see myself having children with her.