20 (Finale)

Yey we've reached to the ending of this book. This chapter is dedicated to all of you who supported this story until the end. If you're getting tired of me saying thank you, well I'm not so Thank you thank you thank youuu 🧡 Special Mention to fadieisendgame because all your comments really make my day. In fact, I want to mention all of you guys for your reads, votes, and comments. Also I suggest you play the piano cover while reading.

"It's not just simply splitting them up, Max"

"What do you mean Mr. Clarke?"

"A parallel world is like a fantasy and just like in fantasies true love's kiss is the only way."

"But that's even harder..."

"You have no choice Max"

"I'm sorry I'm not following"

"You're not supposed to exist in this world. So it's either you do it, go back to your world and end all the suffering or ignore it then disappear forever and let them continue suffering. You only have two weeks"

It was time. The Byers moved out with El. At least Max had her closure with Will. She also had a heart to heart talk with Dustin and Lucas,especially Lucas. Three down, one to go. Mike is gonna be the last one she has to talk to. One hour left...

Max asked for Dustin's help on this one. She owed Dustin for doing this favor.

She arrived in the skateboard park. She thought she was early but it seems that Mike was earlier.

Mike was facing his back at her. Max asked Dustin to give her a moment with Mike. There plan was to let Mike think he was meeting up with Dustin when in fact he's meeting up with Max in the skateboard park.

"Mike" Max slowly says his name. She wants to say his name before she...

Mike turns around and to Max's huge surprise, Mike hugs her tightly. It was different to the hugs she's received before from Mike even from her world.

"Why?" Mike was pale and not even sadness alone can describe how miserable he looks. Pain is written all over his face.

"Huh?" Max was left speechless and blank. She didn't get anything at all. Why is Mike hugging her? Did she do anything wrong?

"Why are you so goddamn selfless!" Max couldn't see Mike's face but she felt him shaking. He was hugging her so tightly yet he was all wobbly and probably couldn't stand if it wasn't for Max.

"Mike. I don't get you." Max who still hasn't caught up with the situation was left confuse.

"You know what the ironic thing is? You could've done something to make me remember you and I could've ignored the whole world for you sooner but you chose to be selfless! I was so confuse Max. You let me remain confuse and you're already planning to let me remain that way forever by leaving? " Mike didn't care if his voice cracked several times.

"You? Confuse? What? I'm the one confused here" Max furrowed her eyebrows.

"I had to recognize you the hard way. It was to admit that I love... you and.. not El..." Mike didn't bother if he looked ridiculous, he had to tell Max everything. "And that's when I knew everything. Situations kept flashing on my kind. My happiest moments with you..." Mike looks straight at Max's eyes.

"What moments were they?"

"All of them because I'm always the happiest when I'm with you"

"I don't get it. You love El, don't you?" Max didn't want to believe it's really Mike in front of her.

"I did convince myself I was but I just wasn't so before Eleven left, I told her about you and just wait a second okay? " After Mike said that, he suddenly runs.

"What the hell?"

Max wasn't able to catch up with Mike. He ran too fast. She didn't expect this to happen. All she planned was to say goodbye to Mike and that's it.

Max heard some rustling and there she spotted Mike skateboarding which made Max's mouth open.

"Impressed?" Mike cockily brags his new found skill.

"What? When? Where? How? Who?" Max still couldn't believe her eyes.

"Too many questions. I've been secretly practicing skateboard since the day you confidently bet I can't." Mike explains while going around in circle with Max in the center.

"It's no wonder I felt like I didn't belong in this world before you came..." Mike drifts and gets off his skateboard. "I only felt like I'm finally in my world when you came along. You messed up this world to bring me back to you because you're my world all along."

Both of their world seemed to pause. Max promised herself not to cry but she was caught off guard by her tears that couldn't be stop.

Mike walks closer towards Max and wipes off her tears with his thumb. And there he puts on a necklace with a pendant of a star with two parallel lines carved on it. It's beautiful.

"Don't do this. Now it's gonna be hard to leave you" Max managed to say despite all the sobbing.

"You don't have to leave" Mike moves his face closer to Max. This is what Max ever longed for but...

Max puts her finger on Mike's lips to stop him before it was too late.

"Mike I love you. I really do. For a second there, I was just willing to forget everything just to get your kiss but... " Max's tears continues to flow but she still caressed Mike's cheek.

"El needs you..." Max was starting to fade. Time flew so fast and one hour was almost up.

"But I need you. Max! No!" Mike hugged Max as he broken heartedly watch her fade away by his own eyes.

"Maaaaaax! Pleasee don't leave meee! Please staaaay Maaaax!" Mike was crying like a toddler who doesn't want to be left alone.

It was more than heart breaking to watch Mike crying. So Max closes her eyes while tears continue to flow down across her cheeks until their visions became black.

"Max Hey Max Max wake up" Max heard a familiar voice. She saw Mike sitting in her bed.

"Mike!" She immediately hugs Mike and started crying.

"Oh no are you mad because I sneaked into your room early in the morning? I'm sorry I was planning to surprise you because you're gonna teach me how to skateboard today right?" Mike lets go of Max's hug to hold both of her shoulder and look at Max's face.

"No" Max half smiled. She couldn't get over the pain she's feeling.

"Then what is it? Shh please don't cry." Mike unknowingly pouted.

"I had a dream and you weren't mine..."

"What? That's never gonna happen. You know why?"

"Why?"

"Because the one who breaks up first has to buy the other one an unlimited pack food for lifee! I'm going out your room okay? So get ready because it's gonna be a busy day."

When Mike got out, Max took off her jacket when she felt something cold in her neck.

It was the necklace.

So it wasn't a dream.