"The kind that loves her man, Dominic! I love you and I want you to stop seeing her! Is that so wrong? Stop acting like your whore is perfect! What kind of woman breaks up a happy relationship?"

I was seething now. 

Where did she get off speaking of Genevieve that way? 

I knew Jasmine didn't love me. She loved my money, my influence, my power, sure, but not me.

"Who said anything about a happy relationship, Jasmine? You've been cheating on me for the last three months. You seriously didn't think I'd find out about David? Your sweet little boy toy? Barely 18, David Bisset?"

I watched the blood rush from her face then, "Wh-what?"

Chuckling darkly, I circled around her, like a big cat circling its prey. 

And once I was behind her, I pulled a lock of hair behind one of her shoulders and leaned down so my lips were at her ear. 

I then let my words, my tone like velvet, drift into her ears, "You think, Jasmine, with all of my money and power that I wouldn't have someone watching your every move? I needed insurance, and when my PI found out that you were renting hotel rooms and taking drives out to Gainesville every weekend, he followed you. I've known about David Bisset for as long as you've been seeing him and you have the audacity to try and get rid of Genevieve?"

I finished the full circuit around her and saw that her eyes had widened, "Did you get proof?"

"No. I told him I didn't need any. I didn't need to see you with David to believe it. I went through your call log and found his number, I saw the text messages. That was all I needed."

"What do you want then, Dominic? You want to leave me? Because I'll never let that happen. I might be also seeing David, but I love you and I'm willing to leave him if it means you giving me your undivided attention."

I laughed and raised my eyebrows, "Oh no, Jasmine. There's no way I'm staying now. You faked a pregnancy, tried to drive Genevieve away, and had the audacity to act like you were better than me as if you weren't cheating before I was!"

"I'll tell my father," she said quietly and I chuckled and then smirked.

"You'll tell him what? That you're the whore? That you're a terrible person? That you cheated and lied to me? Go right ahead, sweetheart. Dig your own grave."

"No, I'll tell him that you hurt me. I'll make it look like you beat me and then you'll lose one of your biggest contracts and you'll eventually go bankrupt right after I leak it to the media that you're a woman abuser. You have no idea the lengths I will go for you. You might have the money, the power, and the influence over a lot of people, but I'm crazy about you and I'll do anything to keep you."

What the f—

"—You wouldn't," I stated confidently.

"Oh, really?" 

She wrapped her left hand around her right forearm and dug her nails in until she broke the skin.

"What the fuck are you doing, Jasmine?"

"You wouldn't let me leave. You were so upset about me telling your mistress I was going to have your baby that you grabbed my arm and dug in. You wanted to punish me for telling her about the baby. I love you so much, please, you're hurting me, Dominic. Please stop, I'll do anything. Just please don't hurt me or the baby," she said in a low voice, her nails digging into her skin deeper. 

She would eventually start bleeding soon yet her face was void of any emotion.

"Stop, Jas. You can't be serious—this isn't you! No one will believe I hurt you!" 

She was acting like a sociopath!

"You don't think people will believe the pregnant woman over the big strong man? You have no idea who you're dealing with, Dominic Blackstone. I will ruin your fucking life if you try to leave me."

Why hadn't I seen it sooner? Why hadn't I seen that there was something very clearly wrong there?

She still hadn't let go of her arm and the lines she had dug in her skin were turning red. She was actually going to blame this on me and I wasn't sure if anyone would believe that she had done it to herself.

"You're not even pregnant," I exclaimed as I watched blood pebble up in the wake up the new track marks her sharp nails were making. 

I couldn't exactly stop her, though, as I wasn't a hundred percent sure she wouldn't freak out and cause a scene and make me look bad right here and now.

"I'll be calling for help soon if you don't make the right decision," she was smirking. 

She knew she had already won.

"Okay, fine! Just stop hurting yourself!" 

I grabbed the hand that was digging its nails into the other and ripped it away.

"You'll stay with me? And you'll get rid of Genevieve?" 

She had an evil glint in her eyes.

"You'll leave David," I asked.

She looked down and I knew the answer.

"I'm staying with her if you're staying with David." 

I would find a bigger contract than Jasmine's fathers' and then I would find a way to prove that she was crazy and I would leave. 

I would begin looking for another company to fill his contract on Monday and hopefully, by Friday, I'd be a free man.

"Fine, but eventually I will leave David, and then I will make you leave her and we will start a family." 

She put a hand on my chest and smiled, "I do love you, and that's why I'm trying so hard to keep you. You'll understand when you begin to love me back."

***

The rest of the weekend was spent with us doing any and everything Jasmine wanted. 

I listened to her gossip, I went to her favorite store and gave her my credit card, and I acted as if I were the perfect boyfriend. 

I hated her and wished she would just leave me for David, but until then I would find some way to leave this prison sentence with my reputation and my relationship with Genevieve intact.