After a while, the dismissal bell rang and you hurried home. You barged in the house and ran upstairs, ignoring your dads greeting. You grabbed your clothes to take a shower and headed to the bathroom. You stripped off your clothes and then your heard a *clink* and looked down. It was the razor Carligh had given you. You hyperventilated, you had tears streaming down your face. You grabbed the razor and jumped into the shower.

Sans pov.

that was wierd. just then my cellphone started ringing. i looked to see the number belongs to toriel. i pressed the answer button.

"sup tori?"

"Hello sans, I would like to inform you that (Y/N) was in detention today."

"what!?"

"Yes, and In my class, her homework was ruined. I'm afraid I couldn't grade it and it was an F."

"really?"

"Maybe you can talk to her?"

"sure thing tori."

"Thank you sans, tell her I'm giving her my wishes and hope everything is good!"

"alright, bye tori."

"Goodbye my friend."

Ok something is really going on. She's never had a detention before. I need to have a talk with her.

Normal pov.

When you got in the shower, you started sobbing. You were shaking as you held the blade over your wrist. You dragged it across a few times. It made you feel numb, it took all of the pain away for a few seconds. It went away, and you wanted more. It was four cuts, then seven cuts, than 18. You stopped and finished up your shower. You dried off and got dressed and headed out though the bathroom while brushing your hair. When you finished your dad knocked on the door. You told him he could come in. You opened the door and he sat down next to you. He turned to look at you, worry filled his eyes. You avoided eye contact.

"(y/n), what the hell is going on in school?" You didn't respond.

You then felt a burning sensation on your arm as your dad gripped onto your wrist. You winced in pain, your dad took immediate attention to it.

"why the hell are you wincing for?"

He went to pull up your sleeve, but you had immediately retaliated and brought your arms to your chest. Your dad made a face. You realised you had overreacted.

"give me your arm (y/n)."

You went pale, no your dad couldn't find out about this. He would hate you.

"I-it's nothing, you just gripped my arm too hard."

"no i didn't."

"Well I'm just uhhh uncomfortable with my body is all."

"i'm your dad, who cares, now give me your arm."

He used his magic to hold you in place. You were pleading with him not to do it, but he didn't listen. He grabbed your sleeve and pulled it up to reveal cuts all over your arm. Tears rolled off your cheeks. Your dad was at a loss for words. He released you and embraced you into a tight hug.

"sweetie...why?"

"I- I can't do this anymore daddy...the monster's hate me and said I should just kill myself... A-and this person called Chara said if I said anything about them resetting they'd kill you in front of me daddy..."

Your dad was crying and it scared you a little to be honest. You never seen him cry before.

"let's get you cleaned up."

You nodded your head and walk to the bathroom. Your dad patched and cleaned up all your cuts. You both walked back to your room.

"give me your blade."

You gave him the little blade and he put it in his pocket.

"you're sleeping with me tonight."

He embraced you once more.

"don't listen to those fucking assholes, you're the brightest thing down here. ill talk to tori about your grade but sleep, you need it.

You nodded your head, feeling relief and peace wash over you.

He watched you, your chest rising and falling at an even pace as he stroked your hair. His eyes traveled to your wrapped up wrist. He felt a tear drip down his face. Had he failed as a parent? He didn't protect you. And with Chara and Frisk, you've been suffering all this time. But he knew that you wouldn't suffer for another second. Cause you were his baby girl, and he'd do anything to protect you.