"Seers are born to a purpose, as far as we know, the way prophets are born to interpret the word of God. Yours must be to aid in the apocalypse," he answered, a flicker of pity crossed his face.

I folded my arms and lowered my eyes in annoyance, as well as doubt. After seeing that my purpose failed, I wasn't happy to hear that. "Lucky me," I breathed, "could that be why I came back?"

"No," he said, "many Seers have been killed before fulfilling their purpose. Someone did it intentionally. "

"Sounds to me like alot of people could have been saved if angels would have minded their own damn business," I hissed, but instantly regretted it in fear of insulting him. To my surprise he didnt look it.

"Most likely...yes," he agreed soberly.

I bit my lips and turned away from both of them. "I've been thinking...about what Raphael said."

"What are you talking about?" Bobby asked.

I sighed, scratching my arms through my long sleeve. "He said that maybe Lucifer brought Cas back for his own gain. What if he brought me back?"

Cas followed me across the kitchen and gently but pointedly pulled my anxiously scratching fingers away from one arm. I felt my cheeks flush at his tender gesture, thankful that he didnt hold on to it. It wasn't like him to do things like that.
"Even if that were true, I wouldn't let him take you."

I felt his gaze burning into the side of my face and I was practically forced to meet it with my own. He was serious. Not angry or threatening. But he was genuinely promising this to me. I was feeling slightly embarrassed at that point, in front of Bobby, who was eyeing us suspiciously like a father daring an older boy to kiss his daughter in front of him. Not that it was going to happen, but he definitely caught the awkwardness.

I actually sighed in relief when I heard Baby honking out front. Thank God ..

"That's my ride, gentlemen!" I squeaked enthusiastically. I bent over to squeeze Bobby in a hug, surprised a bit by how firmly he squeezed back. We were really growing on each other.
I finished zipping up my pack, threw it over my shoulder and looked back at the angel, looking after me without a blink.
"Be careful," he said. But his lips didn't move. I blinked dumbly. Did he just...? How in the...Ok, hello growing powers.
I wasn't sure if he said it to me directly or if I simply read his mind. Surely a Seer wasn't powerful enough to read angel minds. I think he said it. Maybe. I thought to myself and walked out the door.

☆☆☆☆☆

"So what's with this job?" Sam asked.

"Dude suffers a head on collision in a parked car? I'd say that's worth checking out." I replied, sticking my head between the front seats. It was late night, and Baby had us in the middle of nowhere on a highway to the case.

"Yeah sure but, " my baby brother said, "we got bigger problems dont you think?" While I was excited to hunt with my brothers, I too had been thinking the same thing. Why were we doing this?

"I'm sure the apocalypse will still be there when we get back," Dean assured.

"Right yeah...but if the Colt is out there somewhere..." I said.

"We've been looking for three weeks. We got bupkis," Dean stated.

"Ok, but Dean...if we're gonna ice the devil-" Sam argued.

"This is what were doing, end of discussion, " Dean snapped at us both, "this is our first real case back at it together. First one with our new lil sister-" he winked at me, I corrected him under my breath; big sister. "I think we should ease into it. Put the training wheels on."