Chapter Nine: Surprises Come to Whom Are Surprised

9.

(Dame's POV)

Tonight I kinda get the feelin' my girl is up to somethin'. Somethin' that is no good...

I woke up to "Like It's Her Birthday" by Good Charlotte, the same song that Luna and I had listened to on Wednesday. Today was Friday, though. Luna and I had plans after school to go to Sam Minor's. Him and Casey seemed to really hit it off, but every time Luna or I talk to one of them, they say they're 'just friends'. Pfft. Just friends my butt.

I got up out of my messy bed, ran a hand through my hair and went to get dressed. I decided on a dark blue Forever The Sickest Kids T-shirt and some dark washed jeans that the knees were pretty worn into. Then I put on some DC shoes, and ran another hand through my hair. Luna said that if I put my hair just to the side I'd have that 'emo' look. I didn't want to, so my dark hair mostly covered my dark brown eyes. My hair was straight again today, hm. Oh well.

Finally I got my backpack, threw it over my shoulder and headed out.

***

(Casey's POV)

I was already at school with Sam, 30 minutes before school started. The surprise party would be going down today at Sam's house. We decided his house because it wouldn't be much of a surprise to Luna if it was at my house since she came over to my house sometimes during the week. So, Sam and I didn't take that chance. We would have it at his house, Luna would stay the night at my house and Dame would come to my house to pick her up. It was all going down perfectly.

"So," Sam started. I raised my eyebrows, as if telling him to go on. "Do you... Have a date for this party? I mean 'cause most people going have dates and stuff..." He trailed off.

"Wait, are you asking me to be your date, Sam?" I asked him questionably. He nodded, looking nervous. I chuckled, "Yeah, sure I'll be your date, Sam." He looked relieved.

"Good 'cause it'd suck to get rejected on the day of." I nodded. Sam was a great friend. I nudged him with my elbow, he nudged me back, only softer. My arms were still a bit sore but that was okay.

***

(Luna's POV)

The school day went by kind of weirdly. Like, some people were talking about this huge party going down at someone's house. Oh well, I wouldn't be going. I would be going over to Casey's to stay the night, then Dame would come over to pick us both up and drive us over to Sam's. You know, for a little lazy-night Friday.

I called my mom after school to let her know I was just going to drive over to Casey's with her. My mom said that was okay and for me to have fun. She sounded excited for some unknown reason. Did she know something I didn't?

After I hung up, I said goodbye 'for now' to Dame, then headed over to Casey's.

"Luna! Guess what!" Casey squealed. Well, I can't say her squealing is abnormal but she seemed extra happy right now.

"What?"

"Awe, you guessed it!" Casey and I laughed. This is what we did because when people say 'guess what' and you respond 'what', you've technically already guess it since they TOLD you to guess 'what'. "But seriously, Sam asked me out." Oh my God, Sam asked her out?! I knew they were more than friends! "But it's with you and Dame too, so he's just probably being friendly or whatever. Now since we're both seeing our guys tonight, we need to do something about ourselves."

I looked down at myself. I had a really loose black and white sparkly tank top over a black Tee. Then I had some black jeans and some white converse. I cocked my head at Casey. She was wearing a long light blue shirt over some black leggings and high black boots. "We look fine?" This came out as a question.