Finding Fenton

Magsimula sa umpisa

"But, I do," said Jerry, fingering his hair.

Laura shook her head. "No, Jerry, that's sandy-blonde, there is a difference. Besides, I'm sure they've figured out by now that it was Frank and Joe and not the Masons that visited yesterday." The boys glanced at Frank and Joe, who nodded vigorously. They too had come to that same conclusion. Snattman was no idiot.

"So then, you expect Frank and Joe to go in by themselves?" asked Chet incredulously.

Laura huffed. "I expect them to be very careful and get into the house without being seen to try and save their father."

The boys gasped. "Man, Mrs. Hardy, that's kind of a tall order," said Chet with a whistle as his eyes widened.

"We barely got away ourselves today!" blurted Biff.

Laura glanced at Sam and Jack. "Sam and Jack will provide a distraction. They'll fly over low, that should get their attention." She glanced at her sons. "And give you two enough time to get into the house. I don't expect you to get out of the house in time, you can try, but it's more likely that you'll have to find a hiding place and to text me every five minutes until we've captured the gang."

Joe looked at his mom, impressed. "That's a pretty good plan."

She smiled. "Thank you."

"Well it's the only one we have," said Collig. "Unless you boys have anything better."

The boys shook their heads as they approached the desk. "No," they chorused.

"The only one I had was for two of the guys to pose as us and try to sneak into the house once they had their backs turned," said Frank as he put his hands on the desk and leaned on it. "But since Mom came to the same idea we did, that Snattman would have figured it out that it had been us and we wouldn't get to use that trick again, well, this one works much better." He grinned at his mother. "Much much better."

She smiled ruefully. "But you two have to be extremely careful."

Frank and Joe nodded as they chorused, "We will."

Joe went to his mother and wrapped his arms around her. "Don't worry, it's going to work out, just you wait and see."

"You've always come up with the best plans," said Jack. "Joe's right, it will work."

"And we'll all be there to help!" shouted Tony.

"You got that right!" said Biff. He popped his knuckles. "If any of those crooks so much as hurt a hair on their heads, they'll feel my wrath."

That seemed to lift Laura's spirits a little. She chuckled. "Thank you all so very much." The boys gave firm nods.

"Well now that that's settled," broke in Collig, "Jack, Sam, you have to be over that house right at seven o'clock, not a minute later."

"You got it," they chorused.

"Which means that Slim and Pete have to be at the helipad no later than 6:30."

Slim and Pete nodded. "Right."

"Tony, Biff, Phil, you three are going to meet up with Chief Warrant Officer Robinson at the Coast Guard station at 6:45. Jack and Sam are going to fly over you after they've flown over the house, that will be the signal to head out and hopefully that the Hardys have gotten in unseen. Chet, Jerry, Jack, you're going to meet up with me and the State Police at the station at 6:30, we'll leave at 6:45."

"Yes sir!" chorused the boys.

"But I want to do something!" blurted a small voice.

"Stephan!" said Sam. He walked towards his son and crossed his arms. "You are not a part of this conversation."