I quickly sat up, watching him with rounded eyes as he put on his dress shoes before putting on his coat.

I smiled at him softly and he only returned a worried, saddened look with his doe eyes.

Stay.

"Alright, I'm leaving."

I miss you.

"Please be careful." I said in a soft voice.

"I will."

There was no I love you.

Jimin's face stretched as his brows climbed up his brows and lips fell apart while staring at me in a daze.

What— had I said it out loud?

"May-"

But the phone rang before he could get out another word. He turned his attention to the device ringing in front of me on the bed, unconsciously clutching it into his hand with slow moments as if his thoughts had taken him into a different dimension.

We weren't there yet- the I love you 'stage' as if it were a destined time period in someone's life. It wasn't, it was a feeling that came without a time limit and judgement from those around claiming it was too early or too late. And although there were no time markers in our relationship where we should say those three meaningful words, the feeling buried deep in my gut was telling me that it might never come. 

Will it ever come? Was I there yet? Was he there yet?

"May, I'm going to be late." He said, faintly meeting my eyes before he practically ran out of the room.

Did the idea scare him?

And then the idea of me telling him those words when I actually meant it scared me because what if he will never feel the same way. 

• • •

A smile painted my face when a pixilated image of Taehyung popped up on my screen.

He fixes the glasses resting on the bridge of his nose with his finger and flashes me a bright smile. It was quite infections and suddenly my own smile became real.

"Hey." I wave, leaning further into the comfort of the bed.

"Are you home?" He asked, lifting his fingers to his mouth and popping a chip into it with a loud crunch.

I shake my head, looking around the room and asking myself if I could call this place home. Maybe I did once- at the beginning. But my visits had reduced recently.

"No. I'm heading to the hospital before I head to the airport."

"Why?"

I shrug, avoiding the screen. "Picking up somethings, but it'll be quick and then I'll be on my way to pick you up."

He beans with joy and I know he knows I'm lying, but he leaves it at that.

Taehyung was returning for the holidays. He had also mentioned that he needed to speak to me in person about some things going on in Daegu. Although the news seemed troubling, Taehyung's calmness was enough for me not to worry.

A voice was heard in the background, calling for Taehyung's attention.

"My flight is boarding." He said, groaning as he stands to his feet and I can see him do a little stretch.