Book 2 ~ Chapter 14

Start from the beginning

"Are we almost there?" Bolin asked.

"Almost, but I just picked up a distress signal from the Southern Troops. There's a problem," Asami said.

✨•~~~~~~~~•✨

The ship was about dock and I knew it was going to be very cold. I stood in my chambers looking for my winter gear, since the last time I was here, I felt like a freezing Popsicle stick. I changed quickly and made my way to the bottom deck where they held Kaya and Naga. When I came down, Korra was already here but I ignored her tended to Kaya, getting ready for her to be mounted.

Once the battleship had landed on Southern lands, Korra and I took off on land with Naga and Kaya, on our way to the Avatar base, while the rest rode on Oogi

Once the battleship had landed on Southern lands, Korra and I took off on land with Naga and Kaya, on our way to the Avatar base, while the rest rode on Oogi. Kaya was riding ahead of Naga by a few meters. The doors to the Avatar base opened wide for Korra and I. At the same time, Oogi had just landed with the others. Korra got off Naga and ran to hug her mother, who was at the bottom of the stairs to Katara's healing ward. I got off Kaya and stood behind Korra.

"Mom, where's dad?" Korra asked, her mother frowned.

"Unalaq wiped out the Southern forces and captured your father," her mother cried.

"We'll get him back, Mom, I promise," Korra said.

Tenzin came up to us carrying Jinora in his hands, behind him was Kya and Bumi.

"Where's my mother?" Tenzin asked.

"She's in the healing hut, so many injured," Korra's mother said, as they walked away.

Left outside were Mako, Asami, Bolin, and I. It was getting dark soon, which meant harmonic convergence was almost here. We waited a while until Korra came back out with Tenzin, Kya, and Bumi.

"How's Jinora?" I asked.

"She's with my mother, she doesn't know how long she will last in the spirit world," Tenzin replied.

"I talked to the rebels, Unalaq has the portal surrounded and harmonic convergence is only a few hours away," Korra said.

"Then we need to break through the enemies' line ourselves and get to the portal now," Tenzin said sternly.

"There is no use in talking anymore, we know what our mission is," Korra said, I sighed.

"A suicide mission," Bolin commented.

"You know I was in similar position once. My platoon was in the desert without water for a weeks but when we finally located an oasis for like a hundred miles, it was surrounded by angry sand benders. I realized the only way to get to the water was to drop from above. So, we decided to build a catapult with the help of the hog monkeys—," Bumi was cut off.

"Enough of your ridiculous stories! Can't you see that Jinora's life is one the line!" Tenzin snapped.

"Wait, Bumi might be onto something. We don't have a catapult or hog monkeys, but we have an air bisen and we have a plane in Varrick's ship. Maybe we can attack from above," Asami suggested.

"What are you thinking?" Korra asked.

"Me, Lei, Mako, and Bolin can use the plane as a distraction to scatter some of their defenses while you, Tenzin, Kya, and Bumi can ride on Oogi and enter through the spirit portal once you see an opening," Asami said.

"Alright, Let's get moving," Korra said.

✨•~~~~~~~~•✨
AUTHORs NOTE:
This chapter was edited but nothing from the storyline has been changed.

FOR ARMYs:
OMGGG ITS JUNGKOOKS BIRTHDAY!! He's my bias 💜 I celebrated his birthday by carrying around all my jungkook merch and posting on all of my social medias. How did you celebrate his birthday?

PUBLISHED: September 1, 2019