"Oh shush, I'm not nervous."

"C'mon, big baby." She says, intertwining her fingers with mine. Once we get in my car, I lean over, placing my lips on hers.

"You look gorgeous." I whisper.
"You scrubbed up pretty well too." She replies.

"Aight, let's go." I say, placing my hands back on the steering wheel. "Hold up, put this on."
"Um why?" She asks as I throw the blindfold at her.

"You're gonna have a nap." I joke.

"Bree I'm joking, calm your shit." I laugh at her strange face expression. "It's a surprise."
"If you fucking murder me in the forest Maya will actually kill you."
"Trust me. I'm not a fucking murderer."

"Fine." She slides on the mask as I begin driving.

---

Bree's POV-

"We're here." Hunter says and just as I'm about to remove the blindfold, he grabs my hands. "Not yet."
I huff impatiently. It's actually so weird not seeing, like you can hear everything but only see darkness.

"Ok climb down here." Suddenly Hunter's voice is on the other side of the car and the car door is open.

I feel his hands grab ahold of mine, and he leads me out of the car.
"This way, there's a bit of a walk." I nod, following the light pull of his hands, that are leading me to... who knows where.
"Alright we're here." Hunter says and I can hear the smile in his voice. Excitement bubbles up inside me, eager to see what he's covered my eyes from.

"Ready?" Hunter asks, a hint of nervousness plays in his voice as he turns me around. We haven't opened any doors, so it must be an outside place.

"Yep." I reply, smiling. I feel Hunter move around, ending up behind me, and lift off my blindfold.
"Oh. My-Wow." I gape at the effort Hunter has put into this one night. Fairy lights are wrapped around a large tree, a picnic set up underneath the canopy of leaves. 

A picnic basket is sitting on the checkered blanket, and the view is- this is the spot. Our secret spot. The whole place is so beautiful and almost enchanted looking. No one has ever done anything like this for me before.

"Do you like it?" Hunter asks, scratching his neck nervously.

"What the fuck, of course!" I practically squeal.

"I probably should've added some more lights, or a different-"

"It's perfect." I cut him off, and he grins.

"I haven't been on many dates before...it was more like fuck buddies with Georgia to be honest." Hunter shrugs before grabbing my hand and leading me to the picnic blanket, before I can reply.

"All this effort, I feel so...special." I say slowly and Hunter stops unpacking the food and his eyes snap to mine.

"You should always feel special B."
"Well I do now."

"Good." He replies simply, and then grabs the rest of the food. "I uh-can't really cook so I made sandwiches."
"Don't stress, I'll eat anything."
"Anything huh?" He smirks and I think, how could he make that dirty?! Only Hunter can think that shit.

"Hm maybe not anything after all."
"Alright then. Here, which one?" He holds out a plate of sandwiches, arranged in a spiral moving towards the centre of the plate. All of them are cut into 4 triangles.

"Um, this one." I grab a chicken, lettuce and mayo triangle and we begin eating.
"Mmm this is so good." I mumble through bites before picking up another sandwich.

"Thank fuck."
"You know you can eat too, you don't have to watch me." I laugh.

"I was not watching you eat."
"You so were."
"I was not."
"Was."
"Not."
"This is going to go on forever." I laugh.

---

By now, we have eaten nearly all the bloody sandwiches.

"Do you want a drink?"
"Yea sure." Hunter then passes me a cup in which I fill with coke.

"Ok let's play something." I smile.
"Like what?"
"21 questions."
"Sure, why not."

"Alright, what was your first-ever impression of me?" I ask.
"I thought you were super loud and you spoke your mind." He shrugs with a smile.

"what do you think of me now?" He asks with a serious face. 

"I think that you come across as rude and shallow," He frowns, hurt written all over his face,

"But...underneath that mask and all the sourness, I see a guy who I love. I love his smile, his little nervous habits. I love his family and his kindness towards them, and I love his willingness to stay strong throughout everything."

"Bree?" Hunter smiles at me and I look into his eyes which are filled with so much love, 

"will you be my girlfriend?" 

AND I OOP- SKSKSKSK . someone stop me.

sorry for updating kinda late, i was stuck on describing the date for like 3 days lmao

someone comment a ship name for Hunter and Bree, or Caleb and Maya, or mason and ruby.

ily, 

-L 

A Living Hell ✔︎ {editing}जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें