1

Gray has been paying little to no mind of Juvia and she has had enough of it. She wants him to talk to her, be near her, to love her, but Juvia has had no such luck. So today she was determined to get her answer from Gray. If he rejected her, she would finally give up and move on, but if he confesses... she will probably explode, but what is the probability of that considering all her other attempts failed, so why was this one any different. She prepped to leave her apartment and she was finally on her way to the guild hall.

"Juvia really hopes this works." She muttered while walking as slowly to the guild hall as she possibly could. When she had finally arrived, it had begun to rain a little, and she could tell today was going to be a long day. When Juvia entered the guild hall she plastered one of her signature smiles on her face, even though she was lying, she was not happy, she was terrified. She quickly scanned the hall and found no sign of her dark headed prince. She wandered over to where Lucy was sitting in hopes to be distracted from the ever-building fear in her gut.

"Hey Juvia, what up?" said Lucy with her seemingly always happy tone as she scooted over so Juvia could sit.

"Oh, nothing much. What about you?" she honestly didn't care but she didn't want to be rude.

"Well, Gray and I are actually going to go on a job later. The problem is that I haven't seen him all day. Do you have any idea where he is?" she cocked her head slightly, letting her perfect golden hair fall over her shoulder, while she sat in thought. Juvia was jealous of Lucy, not just her hair, but all of her. In Juvia's eyes she was everything she could never be, pretty, smart, funny, confident, brave, kind, and she was friends with Gray. Everything Juvia wanted to be but wasn't.

"Juvia has not seen him lately or know of his whereabouts. What about Natsu? Why isn't he going? Aren't you guys a team?" the fact that Natsu wasn't going on the job concerned Juvia, she was afraid that if Gray spent too much one on one time with Lucy, he would begin to develop feelings for her. Juvia though found this to be possible due to how much better she believes Lucy is than her.

"Well I intended for him to go with us, but he said he was already planning to go on a job today, so we just left it at that." Lucy sounded a bit annoyed when I mentioned Natsu but that's to be expected, this is Lucy after all. Juvia was about to ask if she could come along but she was interrupted by Gray wandering over to their table. As soon as Juvia saw him the fear she had forgotten about rose quickly and prevented her to speak. Lucy turned to look at Gray and made a very unpleased face at him.
"Where have you been all morning? We must be on the train in an hour for this job and if we are late I'm blaming you." She stood quickly grabbed her things. On her way out, she said a quick "goodbye" to Juvia. Juvia waved in response and sunk in her place, she wanted to say something to Gray but she feared being rejected, because this time she promised herself to give up on him if he did. Before she could say anything Gray spoke up.

"She is one crazy lady, Juvia. I'm beginning to wonder if I should have agreed to this week of torture." He looked her way and smirked, which set her heart on fire. She felt her fear diminish and she smiled in response, this one was real.

"Juvia thinks Lucy is just worried about her rent, it is very soon anyway." She paused for a second and continued what she came here to say. "Gray-sama, Juvia has something she wants to ask you. If you answer her truthfully she promises to never ask or bother you about it again." She stood directly in front of Gray preparing what to say to him.

"Ok whatever, just make it quick. I have to be at the station soon and I really don't want Lucy to become any madder than she already is." He stood crossing his arms waiting for her to say what she wanted, although he already knew what she was going to say.

"Will Gray-sama accept and reciprocate Juvia's feelings?" she spoke very softly and kept her head down.

"I couldn't hear you Juvia, speak up a bit if you want me to hear you." He glanced at the clock as Juvia was about to ask him again.

"Will Gray-sama acc..." she was cut off by gray hastily gathering the lost articles of clothing he recently had on.

"Oh, shit no, sorry I have to go." And with that he rushed out the door. There is was, the word she hated as much as she despised gloomy. "No", that word crushed any positive feelings she had all at once. She stood frozen in her place eyes glued to the floor, silently sobbing. She had promised herself to give up and she planned on doing exactly that. She slowly made her way to the door, but Mirajane stopped her.

"Hello Juvia, how are you?" Mira asked in her delightful tone, not knowing what had happened minutes before. "Juvia? What's the matter?" Juvia slowly turned around and tried her best to compose herself. She brought her head up and looked Mira directly in the eyes. Mira was taken aback by Juvia's intense gaze.

"Gray." That's all she said. She then turned and left. Mira knew she had to do something, anything to fix her ship, and being Mira she knew exactly what to do.