Chapter 7

*4 years later*

I heard the loud sound of my alarm clock telling me to wake up. I simply ignored it and shut it off. Not but a second later 4 figures were on my bed licking my face. I brought my hands up to protect myself.

"Ok, ok. I'm up." I told my beloved dogs.

3 years ago, after my rejection, I started taking driving lessons at the high school until I was 15. I got my drivers license and took the big wad of cash I saved up my entire life and bought a car. I also moved out of my house and began renting a small house in the forest. Not long after, I got my 4 dogs. Creature, an Irish Wolfhound, Willow, another Irish Wolfhound, Wiggles, a Welsh Corgi, and June, a Border Collie.

I snapped out of my thoughts when Wiggles started whining. She's to small to get up on my queen bed. I smiled down at the small dog and got up. I bent down and kissed her head a few times. I went into my restroom and brushed my unruly hair and teeth.

I went back into my room and put on my plain, cotton undergarments before I slipped on a snug, cream colored sweater with long sleeves and dark brown tights. I slipped on knee-high, light brown riding boots and my light brown, leather jacket. My black hair fell in soft waves around my face and my blue eyes sparkled when I looked at myself in the mirror.

I smiled at my reflection and grabbed my keys off of my dresser and casually walked out of my room. I grabbed all of my dogs' leashes and hooked them up to their individual collars. I walked outside with my dogs in front of me. I locked the house and looked between the rusty 1960 Chevy that I just got fixed up, I got it for free might I add, and my blood red camaro. I decided on the pick up truck and opened the bed. I let Willow, Creature, and June jump in, leaving their leashes on them. I picked up Wiggles and opened the passenger side door and I set her beside me in the three seater and started up the old engine. I grinned as it roared to life with a comforting hum.

I drove through the familiar forest until I reached the dirt road that led to town. 30 minutes later, I was driving into the small town I grew up in. I pulled into a parking space in front of the local library a few minutes later and hopped out with Wiggles in my arms I set her down with her leash in my hand and grabbed my other dogs leashes and let them out of the bed. I let out a deep breath and began walking on the sidewalk towards the old diner as I always do. In this town, you could park anywhere and walk to your destination within minutes.

I made it to the cute, 70s themed diner and walked in, my dogs in tow. We were allowed to have animals in almost every place in the town, it's an all werewolf town after all. I took a seat in my usual spot after helping Wiggles into the seat in front of me. June sat beside her while Willow and Creature layed obediently on the ground.

"Hello sweetie. Its nice to see you. Would you like the usual?" The diners owners wife, Mrs. Baker, asked me. I was a regular here and she was always welcoming and kind. In all honesty, she was like my grandmother.

"Its nice to you too Darlene. The usual it is." I replied with a warm smile on my face. Minutes later, my food was in front of me and food specially made for dogs was placed in front of my 4 babies.

I was halfway through my meal, when the soft ding of the diner bell rang. Thats weird, I'm usually the only one in here at this time. A tall man strolled in and sat at the bar by the cash register. I felt a familiar and uncomfortable pull towards him and racked my brain for answers why.

You're such an idiot sometimes. It's Justin. My wolf said to me in slight annoyance with his presence. Even though I rejected him, I still feel the mate pull towards him. It happens with all rejected mates and it sucks.

Oh shit. We need to leave. Now. I kept my head down so my long, black hair covered my face.

Thank you for the food Mrs. Baker. Money's on the table. Bye! I mind linked her and grabbed my dogs leashes as calmly as possible.

Standing up, I still made sure my hair was covering my face and made my way to the diner door. I passed Justin as nonchalantly as I could but the closer I was, the stronger the pull. I ignored the tingling in my body and put my hand on the door to push it open but was stopped by a hand that grabbed my arm. Sparks instantly flew up my arm from the contact.

"Tatum wai-" He tried to speak but I cut him off with a deep growl. My wolf had gotten more powerful since the last time I saw him all those years ago. Being the daughter of a goddess has some perks I guess.

"Get your hand off of me." I snarled, still not looking at him. I knew my canines were poking out of lips. My dogs sensed my anger and bunched up around my legs in a protective manner.

"Do not speak to your alpha that way." He growled powerfully, clearly angry. His grip tightened to the point where I whimpered in pain. He immediately let go when he heard my whimper.

"I-I'm-"

"Save it alpha." I walked out of the diner and felt a lone tear running down my face.

I climbed into my truck after letting Willow, Creature and June into the bed quickly. I sat Wiggles beside me a little to roughly and drove home. I got into the house, undid my dogs leashes and went to my room. I changed into a sports bra and workout shorts. I didn't bother putting on shoes. I walked outside and shifted into my beautiful wolf. I let out a howl of pain, anger, and grief and began running.

****

A/N:

There it is. Chapter 7.

♡amanda♡