Bakugou had then stood from his seat and moved his hands into his pockets, now glaring down towards the other in dismay. Midoriya flinched.

"Deku. Outside, now."

Of course he knew the other would obediently comply. That's just how things were. It was a game of cat and mouse... but just how far could this simple game go?

Within minutes, the two stood outside of the cafeteria, tension filled with both men. A bit of nostalgia struck them, but they didn't have it in them to gently confront it.

After all, Bakugou was focused on something entirely different.

With an brief exhale, Bakugou finally parted his lips, draining a bit of Midoriya's anxiety due to the anticipation. "So tell it to me straight. Are you still in love with [Y/N]?"

Midoriya had been well aware that his childhood friend would be extremely blunt when it came to matters that were important to him. But despite this, he still wasn't prepared to hear it.

His eyes narrowed, a bit flustered, and pursued the subject at hand. "I.. make it obvious, right? We-Well... yeah, I do.." Embarrassed, he brushed this unkempt hair downwards in attempts to conceal his expression.

His actions only pissed Bakugou off even further.

He lowered his eyelids and then burrowed his eyebrows. Anger slowly got the best of him. "Is that so?" A pause would have been recognized.

"I.. like [Y/N] too."

Midoriya's heart stopped. His eyes would have widened completely, as his hands would have dropped to his sides. Although Bakugou managed to balance an content look, he knew that what he had been saying was the truth. All of you grew up together.

But what if you had feelings for Bakugou instead of him?

The male with green eyes felt his throat go dry. He gulped nervously, fixated on another's naturally angry gaze. Midoriya was panicking in the inside, but he refused to allow Bakugou to acknowledge that. And so, he proceeded with confidence.

His hands curled into tight balls, earning a bit of courage. "For years.. you've treated me like garbage, Kacchan... I gave up every hope of surpassing you until I've finally managed to beat you with my own power.."

He closed his eyes, quiet for a mild second or so, until his glistening green eyes revealed themselves again. The hopeful expression he wore made Bakugou bite his tongue. "But [Y/N].. she's one thing I won't give up on, no matter what. So.. try if you want to, I'm never giving up on her. After all, there's that pr-"

"Shut up."

The demand caused Midoriya to snap back. Completely hushed, the nervousness he felt was horribly overbearing.

"Shut up."

"Shut up."

"Shut up."

"Shut up."

"Shut up."

He continued repeating this, leaving an vivid impression under Midoriya.

There was something wrong with him.

Slowly, he could feel fear crawl from underneath his skin, making him tremble instantly. He watched as Bakugou clasped onto his spiky ash blond hair, clearly distressed about the things on his mind. His demands continued to roll from his tongue until suddenly; he stopped.

"Wait a sec. She... doesn't like you, right?"

Midoriya was now caught in a web. Bakugou's web. He froze up, recalling your words from earlier. Did you... really love him? "How do you.. know that?..." He asked with insecurity, forging an discreet feeling of relief from Bakugou.

There was this urge inside him. He desperately wanted you all to himself, however now that he realized you had felt nothing for his potential rival... he didn't need to take any dangerous measures.

Right?

"I eavesdropped on you two earlier. You've always been behind me, even when it comes to winning over [Y/N]'s affection." These words were just some thing to raise his confidence. But it was something more for Midoriya. He felt his fingertips twitch.

He doesn't know.

He doesn't know about the extended time.

Midoriya's lips were now in a disalarmed smile, completely relieved by the revelation. Now, what he needed to decide on was telling him about the important information he was unaware of.

"Kaccha-"

The corridors beside them opened gently, forcing the pair of eyes to gaze at the culprit. It was you. You blinked, curious, attempting to understand their situation. "Am I... interrupting?"

The men brightened up gradually. Midoriya's excitement had been heavily obvious; due to the way his green orbs would glisten brightly, dancing in his eyes like stars. "Not really! Wha-What's up?"

You smiled and passed on through the doors. "Great! And I was just wondering where you guys were. Uraraka says the lunch period will be over soon."

The male nodded, approaching you in return. "I'll be out there in a moment! Me and Kacchan had to talk about something that happened a while ago. R-Right?"

He glanced back at the other as soon as you did, your interests piqued while witnessing Bakugou's rather apathetic expression. He didn't say anything, as what ran through his mind put him at a loss of words.

'There's this... feeling inside me..'

Just as he clenched his teeth in irritation, little did he know that he also held onto the heart of his uniform tightly, stirring up immediate worry.

'This jealousy in me is festering like an infected wound.'

'It's giving me an urge to...'

He closed his eyes, his eyebrow twitching out of what seemed to be annoyance.

That wasn't it, it was confusion.

'I know I hate Deku, but thinking about killing him is extreme..'

Yeah, maybe a bit too extreme. As long as you didn't hold feelings for him in return... then things should be fine. He could confess his love for you without any potential drawbacks.

"Hey, Katsuki, are you okay?"

You asked him, currently gazing with worry. The male ahead of you flicked his head up, as your concern left him in discreet glee. "Oh.. yeah, I'm fine. Let's go." He walked on by the two, his cheeks darkening in color. Seeing you in such worry caused him to have second thoughts.

'On second thought, murder isn't a bad option.'

[Chapter END]